PDA

View Full Version : Please keep .Sarah's Nova in your thoughts!

Kfamr
06-16-2008, 10:07 AM
I got this message from Sarah today;

Nova is not doing so well right now though. She had emergency surgery on Wednesday and then today she started acting funny and was leaking/bleeding from her incision. She was in a lot of pain and could not get comfortable all day. She's at the emergency vet right now, I'm about to call and see if they've determined what is wrong with her and how she is doing. They weren't entirely sure but they think she has an infection and if her wbc count continues to go up (it's high right now) they may have to cut her open and make sure her bowel isn't leaking from the stitches. All of this while I'm trying to study for my finals on Friday and go out of town to photograph a wedding on Saturday. I am so so so worried about her.

Please keep this pretty girl in your thoughts!
http://southernmutt.com/photos/101307/IMG_9342.jpg

I'm not sure what the surgery was for, but it certainly sounds scary. :(

Thoughts for Sarah and Nova are certainly needed. :love:

Daisy and Delilah
06-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh No!!!!! Thanks Kay for letting us know. I'm so sorry Sarah !!:( I will keep you and Nova in my prayers. Get Well Nova!!!!!:(

Pawsitive Thinking
06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Aww bless her! Get well soon pretty girl :love:

Cinder & Smoke
06-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi God ~

Kan You hop the Silver Klowd fur a trip to Floryda?

Miz Sarah would 'preciate You Help wiff gettin her Nova back to feelin better.

Till we hear da All-Kleer, us PT FurKids will be krossin Pawz & Klawz an sendin
Purrayers fur Nova. Hope our 2-Leggers will join inna Prayer Cirkle, too.

THANKS, God!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

Taz_Zoee
06-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I will definitely be keeping Sarah and Nova in my thoughts until Nova is all better! :)
She is such a beautiful girl.

4 Dog Mother
06-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Prayers going out for Sarah and Nova!

pitc9
06-16-2008, 11:51 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Sara and Nova.

Karen
06-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Aww, she'll be in our prayers, poor Nova!

Riptide
06-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Poor Nova girlie :(
Sending up prayers!

Ginger's Mom
06-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Oh it does sound scary. Prayers going out for Nova and Sarah.

shais_mom
06-16-2008, 01:08 PM
aww prayers sent!

RobiLee
06-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Prayers are being said for Nova.

k9krazee
06-16-2008, 01:59 PM
She's definitely in my thoughts!

cassiesmom
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Prayers are being said for Nova.

Same here.

cyber-sibes
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Keeping Sarah and Nova in our thoughts & prayers.

bckrazy
06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
OMG... not Nova. =(
Please, please, please get better soon, beautiful girl. Your Mommy must be so worried.

chocolatepuppy
06-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Prayers for Nova.

luvofallhorses
06-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Sweet, pretty Nova will be in my thoughts and prayers. :( (((Nova & Sarah))) poor girl, please keep us updated.

caseysmom
06-16-2008, 08:09 PM
I hope Nova is doing okay, thanks for letting us know she will be in my thoughts.

K9karen
06-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Worried! Worried! Worried! A gazillion prayers for Nova and Sarah.

Alysser
06-16-2008, 08:59 PM
God please help Nova and Sarah during this tough time! This gorgeous girl doesn't deserve this. Please let her be Okay! Sassy, also help her in anyway you can. Please keep us updated, Kay.

Jessika
06-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh, Nova... please get well soon, your mom is very worried about you as well as the rest of us!!! Hang in there, sweetheart! You'll be ok! :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-16-2008, 10:14 PM
:( I saw this on the other board, but I'm still thinking of Nova and hoping she's ok! I hope you get an update soon, Kay.

.sarah
06-17-2008, 07:10 PM
I just realized this was posted here as well. Thank you everyone so much for all the well wishes. I will post an earlier update from this morning (I have been posting it on another pet board) and then also what happened today will be right under it.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and thanks Kay for posting this. I tried to post an update last night but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Nova came home yesterday evening. She is acting much better and doesn't seem to be in pain, is keeping food down, etc., but she is still leaking from her incision. Last night when we took off her bandage that the vet had put on it was completely soaked in blood/fluid and she just started dripping on the kitchen floor to the point of a puddle in just a minute or two. I am really worried about this, but not sure what to do at this point because the vet says it's normal, while the emergency vet was very concerned about it. I took pictures to show the vet just in case, because I don't think she was dripping that bad when he saw her. This morning it's slowed down some, but it's still a slow drip. I have to leave for class in a few hours and I am going to change the bandage again before then and, depending on what it looks like, she may be going back to the vet. She is still not out of the clear from the looks of it, but hopefully she is on the right path. The dripping is worrisome though.

Thanks guys. I think I mentioned that I took pictures and a video of the dripping last night. My mom sent them to the vet this morning, and he was a little concerned, but said we could wait until tomorrow to bring her in. Well we didn't want to do that, so while I was in class, my mom took her into the vet. Whenever he pulled off her bandage, she started leaking and my mom said it was even worse than before.

He told us he was going to sedate her, remove her staples, and flush the incision and she could come home tonight. Well stupid me, I forgot my cell phone today so I was communicating to my mom through e-mail. She e-mailed me around 5 to tell me that once I was able to leave campus I could go visit Nova but she'd be staying overnight. So I get there and the girl in the front (who has an attitude issue!) tells me that Nova is still in surgery and wouldn't really answer any of my questions. At least the doctor calls us after he finishes the surgery, tells us she had been in surgery the whole time (at least three hours :eek: ) and that he had to open her back up and do much more than he thought. He cut back through the stomach, flushed her stomach out, re-stapled everything, etc. The only thing he said that looked like it was on the right path was her intestine and so he just checked to make sure it had sealed up and left it.

She did indeed have an infection. She's staying overnight (again - starting to become a regular there!). Sooo, hopefully this time she'll heal up okay. If she is keeping food down tomorrow she can come home in the afternoon.

I appreciate all of the well wishes. I will keep you updated as best as possible.

jesse_3
06-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Keeping you and Nova in my prayers! Jesse, Sammy, and Jemi', are all keeping their paws crossed too!!

Jessika
06-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Well that's better news. Sad she had to be put under and basically reopened, but I'm sure she'll be better off for it. I'm definitely thinking of her, Sarah!!

Taz_Zoee
06-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I am so glad your mom was persistent enough to take her in sooner rather than later as the vet suggested.

I will still be thinking of you and Nova until she is back home and is on the road to recovery. :)

ramanth
06-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Poor sweet Nova. Many prayers and healing vibes for her. :love:

anna_66
06-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Oh gosh Sarah. I would have been scared to death.

I'm so glad that they're keeping her for now...just in case.

Give her lots of lovin' from me when you see her.

(((Hugs))) Anna

AdoreMyDogs
06-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Poor Sarah and Nova :( They'll both be in my prayers. How scary :(

*LabLoverKEB*
06-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Keeping Sarah and that beautiful Nova girl in my prayers!!!

Catty1
06-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Prayers for lovely Nova. It's too bad the vet had to go back in - but I think he decided to check the whole thing out. Why flush the incision and THEN find out you have to go back in?

I hope she is feeling much better and can come home soon.:love: