PDA

View Full Version : Meet my nephew, Luke the Lab!

Kfamr
06-15-2008, 09:57 PM
My sister and her boyfriend got their first dog today. He's a 2 year old Labrador (mix?) and just a sweetheart. Apparently they got him from a couple that had split. The husband had him and when they left with him he called about 5 times saying how he like certain things and to please take good care of him, etc. So I know he was loved, they just didn't have time for him or whatever.

They brought him over on their way home and Aunt Kay gave him a bath and some goodies (treats, toys, collars, bowls, etc.) to go home with.

Anyhow, meet Luke!

Here he is with his new parents...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/2008/luke1.jpg

Sitting good for a treat...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/2008/luke2.jpg

And watching my sister as she put the hose away after his bath. See his markings? That's why I think he may be a mix.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/2008/luke3.jpg

He didn't meet any of my dogs because the man said within the past two months or so he's become a little dominant towards male dogs. He isn't fixed (and I assure you he will be ASAP) so hopefully that will help a bit.

Aint he just handsome though??? :love:

K9karen
06-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Wowza! Wowza! What a handsome hunk! Congratulations on the new family addition, Aunt Kay! You're so awesome, I hope with your help, he can get to play with Moo and Sim.

luvofallhorses
06-15-2008, 11:25 PM
OMG! :love: I am in love. he has cute markings. I am in love congratulations to your sister and her boyfriend, they look very happy to have him. :D

Shelteez2
06-15-2008, 11:53 PM
He's a handsome hunk. That first shot of his head I thought rott for some reason... and then I saw the body and the markings on his legs. It can be hard to tell from pics though... what do you think he may be mixed with having met him in person?

HoochsMommiee
06-16-2008, 12:02 AM
aaawww he is handsome that is too bad that they had to give him up but sounds like he was really loved i love that labby smile

beauitful black labbie baby

Karen
06-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Classic block-headed Lab face he's got - what a handsome boy! You can tell he has been loved, and is enjoying his "new parents" as well.

I am so glad your sister and her boyfriend took him, especially as big, black dogs don't fare well at shelters.

Cinder & Smoke
06-16-2008, 12:06 AM
WOW!

That Boy's a BIG Dawg!

Sure hope he enjoyes his new Family - and vice-versa!

Welcome HOME, Luke!
;)

boomersooner
06-16-2008, 08:21 AM
He is a handsome boy! I love his name...I know some kids name Luke but I don't think I've ever met any dogs named that. He looks like a very nice fellow who is lucky to find some nice new humans to care for him.

4 Dog Mother
06-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow, what a handsome boy, Luke is! I hope he will find a happy home at your sister's house - and with you as his aunt, I am more than sure he will.

Ginger's Mom
06-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Aw sweet, I love the first picture. Well, it is always sad and nerve wracking to find a new home for a beloved family member, but this man sure was lucky to find someone in your family to take his pup. Luke will be a fine, happy, healthy dog.

Varga
06-16-2008, 09:38 PM
He's definitely handsome! I love his eyes and those markings are really unique. :love:
All the best to him and his new family :)

Kfamr
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Luke is doing very well. He got free-roam of the livingroom/diningroom/kitchen today while they were at work and nothing went wrong. My sister called me on her way home to report.

Damon, my sister's boyfriend, went and spent $80 at petsmart for him today and has the furminater ordered online. After I used it on him last night they decided they needed one!

They've already got him an appointment with my vet on Thursday (woohoo, $10 off my next visit for a referral!) and she said a week or so after his initial vet visit, they want to schedual his appointment to get snipped.

I now get to go through those few months that I went through with my brother when he got his dog -- the million questions stage! :p

I thought he was Lab/Rott, too. Which would explain why he's 90 pounds, too. He is a SOLID dog. Not fat at all, just SOLID.

Yorkie Lover
06-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Hey, he looks like he has Mastiff in him! I love, love, LOVE him!:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
06-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Aunt Kay, Luke is magnificent! I hope that after his sir-jury, he will be able to hang around with the precious Muttlies, that way we will get to see him again via photos. Could you give him a big hug for me, please!

Cookiebaker
06-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Wow, is he ever gorgeous!! Congrats on the new family member! :D

ps What's a furminator? I've never heard of one. :o

ramanth
06-17-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm guessing that Photobucket is down, cause I can't see the pics. But congrats!! I'll be back to oggle. ;) :D

*LabLoverKEB*
06-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Luke (LOVE the name) is sooo handsome! I'm in love with that blocky Labby head of his! He's sooo lucky to be in your family, Kay! Keep us updated on the boy!

ramanth
06-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Wow is he ever handsome!! :D :D :love:

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2008, 06:20 AM
That's one big handsome nephew you have :love:

Pawsitive Thinking
06-19-2008, 06:22 AM
ps What's a furminator? I've never heard of one.

A furminator is just about the best grooming tool ever invented!

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=731&pf_id=8289

boomersooner
06-19-2008, 06:48 AM
I just love Luke....I could look at his handsome face everyday...Yes, we are going to look into the furminator.....Boomer's fur is starting to get think and feathery. Cassie, although shorthaired has always shed like snow. I think we are going to invest in one for sure!

Daisy and Delilah
06-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Luke has certainly come into the right family. It's a shame that his folks had to split but thank goodness, he couldn't have made a better change. He is one handsome boy!! Please give him some hugs and kisses from me too!!