PDA

View Full Version : Great Place and Story about Feral Cat Care

momtomany
06-15-2008, 08:57 PM
This is a clip on a story done on Shadow Cats in Texas. It is a heart warm story and God Bless Sheila. Hope you enjoy. Shadow Cats also has a great website.

http://www.klru.org/docubloggers/?p=316#more-316

Purr-tender
06-15-2008, 09:27 PM
What a fantastic lady! Excellent video. She said they feed about 400 cats daily, can you imagine! I wonder how many volunteers she has helping her, if any?

Freedom
06-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks Julie, I REALLY enjoyed that video! I bet some TNRM groups could use that for either recruiting new volunteers or boosting morale for existing volunteers. This woman has the space to do it a different way than we have to do it here.

momtomany
06-16-2008, 07:29 PM
If Don and I get moved out like we want, I want to try and do a set up like Sheila has, but not for as many cats. If my numbers stay about the same, I would be slowly relocating about 32 cats from my colonies.

catmandu
06-17-2008, 09:59 AM
:cool:I REAQLLY ENJOYED SEEING THAT VIDEO, AND SEEING ALL OF THOSE VERY LUCKY CATS WHO HAVE MANAGED TO FINMD A SHELTER FROM THE STORMY BALST , AND A PLACE WHERE THEY ARE LOVED :love::love:
AND TREASURED.
I DO WHAT I CAN WITH MY SHADOW CATS, AND THANK TO THE ANIMAL WELFARE ASSOCIATION:love::love:, WE HAVE WELLNESS TO FEED THEM.
MAY THE LORD BLESS THE BEASTS AND THE CHILDREN.:love:

nancys
06-19-2008, 12:16 PM
That is a wonderful story! Thank you & thanks also to Sheila for what she is doing. I would love to be able to do somethink like that - there are so many stray cats where I live. I've been feeding a few of them. One that I leave food out for is a beautiful long haired orange cat. I've noticed that he looks thin and his hair is matted. I wish I could afford to take him to the vet (if I could catch him). There is a rescue group in town for dogs, but nothing for cats. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

lvpets2002
06-19-2008, 12:33 PM
:love: Very Nice Heart Warming Story.. My Many Congrats to her & crew for doing this for the kitty babies..

Laura's Babies
06-19-2008, 02:02 PM
That lady is a angel! What a great story!