PDA

View Full Version : What do you do on a lazy day?

Medusa
06-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I couldn't sleep for anything last night. I read, I watched TV, I took melatonin, I just laid there in bed like a lump. I finally fell asleep around 5:00 AM and woke up at 7:30 and forced myself to get out of bed. I usually clean the house on Saturdays but I have zero energy and it was raining so I thought I'd stay in my pj's and just slug it. No, can't do that. It's just not me. So I got dressed, at least, but that's all I managed to do. Usually if I work out, it gives me more energy but I couldn't even bring myself to do that. Now the sun is out, I should go out and ride my bike but I just don't have any ambition. When all else fails, I cook. I love to cook and come up w/new recipes but I'm just too tired. Good grief, I hope I sleep tonight. I don't want this to continue. Sooooo, what do you do on a lazy day?

moosmom
06-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I'll take MooShoo for a stroll in his cat buggy in the park behind my house.

Whenever I can't sleep, I was told NOT to stay in bed, but to get up and either watch tv, read a book or go on the computer.

Sirrahsim
06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
A lazy day?? You mean one that isn't filled with carefully controlled chaos?? I'm not sure that I believe those days exist!! :confused::eek:

On a serious note, I generally stay inn my pajamas as long as possible and putter on the computer. :)

Taz_Zoee
06-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow, lately every free day I have has been a lazy day. Today, for example, I have plenty I should be doing. Clean the house, getting ready for the new kitten arriving in a few weeks and my SIL and niece that are coming next Sunday, wash the car (but Bruce just took it), clean the house...did I say that already? But I justify it all by saying - well, I'm getting the laundry done. :rolleyes:
I woke up at 10am and just took an hour nap a little while ago. But now I think I am motivated enough to at least go sweep and vacuum the floors. :) However, I will probably stay here on the computer, or go watch TV. LOL

Karen
06-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I know, Medusa - browse the Recipe (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=16188) thread for inspiration!

On a lazy day? Read!

Medusa
06-14-2008, 06:16 PM
On a lazy day? Read!

Actually, that's what I've been doing. I do love to read, so that's no stretch for me. I'm just so lazy today, probably because of the lack of sleep. I think that once I catch up on my zzzzzz's, I'll be back to "normal".

Daisy and Delilah
06-14-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm usually on the computer, watching the Food Network or Discovery Health, or pretending like I know how to crochet. I play with Delilah alot too-extra belly rubs. Daisy doesn't like to play very much but she also loves her belly rubs and scritchies. That's about it.

Medusa
06-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Well, all that reading and watching TV must have gotten my eyes nice and tired. I fought taking a nap all day and finally around 8:00, I fell asleep on the sofa and awoke at midnight. I was so out of it that I didn't want to ruin it by cleaning litter boxes, etc. before bed as I usually do, so I just tucked everyone in w/my eyes half closed, stumbled upstairs to bed and slept until 7:30 this morning. So I'd say I've now caught up on my sleep. I have good energy today, so I'm going to get this house cleaned since I didn't do it yesterday. It's nice to feel normal again. I guess everyone needs a slug day now and then.

Suki Wingy
06-15-2008, 01:23 PM
You mean every day? I wish I could stop having them. My sleep schedule is so messed up.

Barbara
06-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I can do quite a bit of reading on a sofa on a lazy day ;) And once in a while a kitty lays down on my stomach and makes me feel warm and even lazier.

Alysser
06-15-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't really have much lazy days anymore between studying for finals, school, friends, family functions, and work but I usually like to read and make string bracelets. I try and work out as well. I've lost 12 pounds so hopefully I can get more lazy days.

binka_nugget
06-15-2008, 10:44 PM
I work 60-70 hours a week and train in agility 3-4 days a week so actual lazy days are very few and far between. If I manage to get a day off during the week, I drive all over the city to get my errands done.

I started feeling burnt out about a month ago so I booked off a long weekend for this weekend. What did I do with my REAL lazy days? Go shopping LOL. I can't lounge around the house for some reason so my relaxation seems to be shopping :rolleyes::p

pitc9
06-16-2008, 09:33 AM
I catch up on my sleep if I happen to have a lazy day.
But that's far and few between.