PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a dog breeder?

blue_heeler
08-03-2000, 12:32 PM
I'm not a dog breeder but my great aunt used to breed afghans. I've seen pictures and they are so beautiful. As an adult I plan to breed Australian Cattledogs. My grandparents have owned cattledogs all of my life and longer.

~~*Rachel*~~

shultz56
08-08-2000, 12:57 PM
to Rachel, if you plan to breed dogs you should join the junior membership group of the breed you are interested in. Read all you can about the standards and requirements of the breed. Find out which vaccinations are necessary in your area and what health problems there are in your breed. Study up on how to raise dogs from housing to nutrition, breeding and showing. Be sure to read some books on training. Go to a dog show if you can - they are fun, you can talk to a lot of different people, see a lot of different dogs. Very good learning experience. Being a really good breeder takes a lot of study and planning and work.

boxerpudge
08-08-2000, 01:19 PM
And see also if you can get involved with a breeder who is expecting a litter so you can see the birth of the puppies...it's not all sweetness and light.... http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif