PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte's Web

Edwina's Secretary
06-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Every night, I scoop the litter boxes and take the waste outside to the trash. Just the other side of the trash can lives Charlotte. I wish her a good night (I have never seen her during the day...and I have looked for her!)

Tonight I asked my husband to hold a ruler next to her so you can appreciate her grandeur and beauty! (in both inches and metric!)

Charlotte!
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_3960.jpg?t=1213418169

Taz_Zoee
06-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Oh wow! That's an interesting spider. Do you have any idea what it is?
I was just looking at a large (although not even close to this size) spider at work today and a co-workers 7 year old daughter was telling me about a HUGE spider she saw at school yesterday. We jumped on the internet trying to find the spider she saw. We couldn't find it. :confused:

And while this doesn't bother me at all, you might want to put a creepy crawly warning in the title. Just a suggestion. :)

K9soul
06-14-2008, 01:03 AM
She is beautiful, looks like the orb weaver spiders that I often see later in the summer.

I just actually watched the original animated Charlotte's Web movie the other night. We could learn a lot about appreciating beauty and life in all forms from that story.

Not really related, (and perhaps a bit sappy), but my favorite song from the movie, and what I think of whenever I see a beautiful shimmering orb weaver web http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKvuj9lAfCc&

Barbara
06-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Are you sure she isn't a cat-eater?
(You know that my irrational old self rather thinks she's a man-eater :rolleyes:)

Pam
06-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Are you sure she isn't a cat-eater?
(You know that my irrational old self rather thinks she's a man-eater :rolleyes:)

Barbara I am right with you on that! I am not a fan of spiders at all, God's creatures or not. I would either have to stop taking the litter to the trash or come at Charlotte with a big old can of bug spray. :eek::eek:

Bengalz
06-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Sara,

You are a brave woman - Charlotte and I would not get on well:p Barbara's theory may have some merit .... have the E's investigated her web yet?

Randi
06-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow, that's a spider!! Isn't it amazing how strong their web is. I had one sitting outside my window for a few days, it was raining and quite stormy - didn't seem to affect the spider at all. :cool:

I was going to ask... have the E's noticed yet? :p

Edwina's Secretary
06-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I was going to ask... have the E's noticed yet? :p

She only comes out at night. She sleeps somewhere during the day. And the Es are not suppose to be outside at night! She is up rather high off the ground as well.

lizbud
06-14-2008, 12:37 PM
There is beauty in a spider web design, in the spider itself, not so much.:)
I wouldn't want one on me but would never kill one either.

Medusa
06-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I'll stay away from them if they'll stay away from me. If I'm outdoors, though, I'm in their territory but they really want to stay away from me. Really. Truly. No kiddin'.

Killearn Kitties
06-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Oooh Charlotte, what hairy legs you have! I have never seen a spider quite like you before. Are you a special Californian variety?

Lilith Cherry
06-15-2008, 07:20 AM
What a beauty! I love spiders of every sort. Do you know what kind she is?