PDA

View Full Version : Coco - Update 6/12/08

Craftlady
06-12-2008, 10:07 PM
We are all doing pretty good. Potty training is coming along. The last 2 days were are not using puppy pads. Yep, gots some accidents but for most part, I've figured out the pooping routine (times/per day) but peeing has me stumped. Coco thinks it's quite funny so see Mom stumble around the back yard anywhere from 3:30 to 4:00 a.m. LOL
4 hrs of sleep at night. I do take naps during the day. :)
IF the weather gets bad which it's suppose to do this weekend, the puppy pads will come in handy. I'm not going out side in the middle of a storm with a tiny puppy.
The four cats are getting along with coco. :)

Here's two of my most recent favorite photos taken 6/7
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Coco/20080612006A.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Coco/20080612002B.jpg

Taz_Zoee
06-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh my goodness, Coco you are so darn cute!! I just love puppies napping, they are like babies, so cute when they are asleep. :)
Glad to hear the cats are coming around to a doggie in the family. :D

Karen
06-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Aww, she's adorable! But you knew that, huh.

krazyaboutkatz
06-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Coco sure is a cutie pie.:) I'm glad to hear that things are going well and this his cat siblings are accepting him.:)

Ginger's Mom
06-13-2008, 05:49 AM
He is adorable!!! He looks so comfortable and happy in his new home. I am glad to hear his kitty sibs are helping to make him feel welcome. What a lucky pup. :)

shais_mom
06-13-2008, 10:14 AM
how cute!

boomersooner
06-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Boomer's puppy kindergarten teacher highly suggests that when a puppy is not in their crate or out playing that they be on a leash held by their human until they have the potty training down. I was skeptical, but it really has seemed to work on Boomer. He bounds for the door when he has to go out, and since he is on the leash, I know when he wants out. The few accidents he has had since we've been doing this have been because the leash wasn't being held.....and usually these were right by the door....we just didn't know he needed to go out. He is a typical little boy in that I think he waits until it is almost an emergency before he decides he needs to go out! Also, the maturity factor is a BIG reason he is doing better, too. Coco will get it!! I know he is a smart little pup!!

Craftlady
06-13-2008, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=boomersooner;2023908]Boomer's puppy kindergarten teacher highly suggests that when a puppy is not in their crate or out playing that they be on a leash held by their human until they have the potty training down. /QUOTE]

He goes outside on a leach. We put it on him before he steps out of the crate. Picking him up immediately and taking him outside and putting him in "potty area". We are in a "routine" to potty. When he has been sleeping for long period of time & wakes up barking to get out (daytime). Also, when we've been gone from the house. Overnight, same routine. Meals (after eating outside he goes) 3 times a day. I have his poop schedule sort of figured out it's the peeing that has me baftled. His pee style is something else too, hard to tell if he is peeing. You should see me outside at 4 a.m. with the flash light on him. Thank god the neighbors are all asleep. I look lovely with my sneakers on and my cat night gowns. Gotta get me some puppy night gowns. LOL

boomersooner
06-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah, that is how it is with us, too....his pooping schedule is pretty easy to figure out....it is funny..he gets really, really wound up right before he has to to poop....His piddling is a different story...no rhyme or reason to it...Yes, I totally understand what is like to get up at 2:00 in the morning, but for me it is not for Boomer but for our soon to be 14 year old dalmatian, Cassie. I figure anyone who is out at 2:00 a.m. deserves to see whatever they may see! HA

K9karen
06-13-2008, 08:37 PM
:D Yep! Been there, done that!

Since I didn't have Mz Logan as a puppy, I can't comment whether or not the peeing is a male or female thing. I know that Cody, though easily trained, could pee every 1/2 hour if we let him, marking his turf. I cut water out before bed when he was a pup and that seemed to ease the pain of dragging myself out of bed at unGodly hours. Mz Klo can hold it for hours and hours and even has to be reminded. :rolleyes:

Just think, you'll look back in a year or so and wonder where the time went..well, I hope, anyway! :D

Coco is yummy! I love choclate..so I just may have to take a nibble out of him!

chocolatepuppy
06-13-2008, 08:57 PM
His pee style is something else too, hard to tell if he is peeing. You should see me outside at 4 a.m. with the flash light on him. Thank god the neighbors are all asleep. I look lovely with my sneakers on and my cat night gowns. Gotta get me some puppy night gowns. LOL

After having female dogs for years I had a hard time telling when or if Jake was peeing! No real 'squat' to let me know. ;) As for the wardrobe, welcome to having a dog. You will be seen going out in clothing you never would have dreamed you'd let the neighbors see ! :D Coco is adorable.:)

Daisy and Delilah
06-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Awwww!!!! I bet he's as sweet as he is cute. What a widdle dolly:)

Be careful outside in the middle of the night. Don't fall out there.