PDA

View Full Version : Marine expelled, another punished for 17 second puppy video

Medusa
06-12-2008, 05:50 AM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/898618

I haven't seen the video and couldn't watch it anyhow but it's the next to last line of the article that gets me, that releasing information about the role that the two men played in the video would violate the Privacy Act. What??? It was posted on You Tube! Ok, perhaps not by them but, if they were seen actually doing what is claimed and then chuckling about it, clearly they were not concerned about privacy.

Lady's Human
06-12-2008, 06:47 AM
The Marines in the video are not identified, and releasing their personal information would be a violation of the privacy act.In this case their personal information would include their NJP records.

lizbud
06-12-2008, 09:32 AM
The men involved were identified & listed in print. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who did the throwing in the audio of the film clip.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=5051580

Medusa
06-12-2008, 09:37 AM
This is the kind of stuff that gives me nightmares for weeks. I torment myself w/thoughts of this type of thing taking place all over, all the time. Makes me hug my kitties til they hiss at me.

Lady's Human
06-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Being that the punishments involved article 15 proceedings and not courts martial, I am very surprised that they released anything at all.

kitten645
06-12-2008, 10:25 AM
It really pisses me off when they say "animal rights groups are outraged" WTF? How about HUMAN BEINGS? Like anyone who cares about animals or living thing is a wack job that belongs in a seperate "group". :mad: The privacy issue flew out the window when they filmed that piece of filth. That was their decision. Even if it didn't make it to Youtube they made a record of the crime. Idiots. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
It really pisses me off when they say "animal rights groups are outraged" WTF? How about HUMAN BEINGS? Like anyone who cares about animals or living thing is a wack job that belongs in a seperate "group".

No, the article is referring to the groups (as in organized bodies of people) who protested against the actions of the marines, such as PETA, HSUS, and the ASPCA.

elizabethann
06-12-2008, 01:11 PM
They should throw them in jail and throw away the key.

lizbud
06-12-2008, 04:45 PM
It really pisses me off when they say "animal rights groups are outraged" WTF? How about HUMAN BEINGS? Like anyone who cares about animals or living thing is a wack job that belongs in a seperate "group". :mad: The privacy issue flew out the window when they filmed that piece of filth. That was their decision. Even if it didn't make it to Youtube they made a record of the crime. Idiots. :rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying. Individuals only have strength in
numbers, when they want to voice a complaint of cruelty and hope to
be heard. That's why the media takes notice of well known groups.

Suki Wingy
06-12-2008, 10:25 PM
What kind of a "person" can stand to throw a puppy off of a cliff and laugh and not feel any kind of guilt?