PDA

View Full Version : 2 Super Sweet Cats Up For Adoption *Allentown, PA Area*

Anikaca77
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi All,

I know many of you have your houses full of cats just like we do but I was hoping maybe someone on here could make an exception for these 2 sweethearts.

My sister has been feeding them for 3 years now, they were adult sized cats when she moved in and has 3 cats of her own and can't have 2 more.

Their names are Fatty (Tiger w/white) and Pretty Girl (Calico/Tortie).

Fatty we are not sure if it's a boy or girl, if it's a boy he's fixed and if it's a girl well then, they must both be fixed as we have never seen them pregnant and they come around daily.

In 2006 Fatty was healthy and fine and over the past year 2007 and now..Fatty has been losing weight. My sister mentioned last night that she thinks he has dropped more weight and I hoping to get him in to a home quickly. I can't really afford vet care for him only because I have to pay for vet expenses on another stray that I had Shirley (Fondas Foundlings non-profit organization) take in for us since we have 7 cats and I'm also back paying my own vet as well.

The Pretty Girl seems to be healthy and fine. She's shy but she hangs around with Fatty which is why I'd like to see them both get a home together.

Please if anyone can help out with adopting these 2 sweethearts or cross post this I'd greatly appreciate it. The one picture is of Fatty and Pretty Girl back in Dec. 06 and the other picture if of Fatty and that was taken this year. Sorry I will have to post a better picture when I get home of what his body size looks like now.

These 2 cats are located near Allentown, PA.

Thank you,
Melissa

[email protected] (e-mail address)

Medusa
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Good luck w/finding them homes. I feel so ineffectual sometimes just wishing people luck and not being able to take in any more. I'm maxed out w/7, several of which are special needs cats, so all I can do is send up my prayers for Fatty and Pretty Girl. (Calicos just do it to me every time.) Please keep us updated on these sweeties.

Anikaca77
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Here are some pictures of Fatty. These were taken in January 08 of this year.

jennielynn1970
06-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I can ask at a few rescues around here, but I know One by One is full and the owner was just lamenting about how many cats we have at the vet that are sick. There's a woman in Easton who runs a small rescue out of her house (well, small as in it's her house, but she's got a ton of cats there). It's called Furry Feet Rescue. Her name is Michelle. You might want to give her a call. I fostered for her previously because she needed a place for a cat to be isolated.

Other than that, I can't take them in here. Zach and Calloway didn't get adopted, but it was for the best. The woman who was going to take them ended up having too many issues that were coming up with her family and couldn't guarantee their safety (she has a nephew that is mentally ill and said she wouldn't be surprised if he tried to hurt them when he got upset :eek: ). So, Cal and Zach are still with me, and I'm still at 8. I wanted to foster a cat from our shelter that I met... he's about 30lbs and just a love, but I have to hold off with him till I can get some kitties placed.

Good luck, Melissa, but try Furry Feet Rescue.
http://www.furryfeetrescue.com/

Jessika
06-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Is Fatty on any monthly dewormer or has s/he been checked for internal parasites lately? I would first try to rule out any internal parasites that could be causing the problem. It's relatively inexpensive to check for and treat, given the infestation isn't too big.

If he isn't on a monthly dewormed then I strongly suggest one not only for him but for all the cats because chances are if he's infested they probably are, too.

Also, just because you don't "see" any worms doesn't mean they aren't there. You can only see one type of internal parasite with the naked eye :)

jennielynn1970
06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Do you think Fatty is a little older? Maybe it's just cause he's disheveled looking.. poor guy.

catmandu
06-12-2008, 04:50 PM
MY FIRST THOUGHT IS WORMS TOO BECAUSE HES OUTSIDE AND CAN SWALLOW A FLEA WHICH CARRIES WORM EGGS, AND THAT WILL MAKE THE POOR FELLOW LOSE WEIGHT. IF HES AN OLDER CAT, HE COULD HAVE AN OVER ACTIVE THYROID AS WELL AS MY MR SCRAPPY HAD THAT YEARS AGO, AND HE WENT DOWN TO 7 POUNDS.
WE TOO ARE PRAYING THAT THESE DEAR ONES :love::love::love:
GET A LUCKY BREAK AND A FURREVER HOME. :cool::D:):love:

Medusa
06-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Do you know exactly how old Fatty is? My Boo started losing weight and when I had him checked w/blood work, etc., he was fine, just getting older. He's 17 now.

critters
06-13-2008, 07:30 AM
crossposting...

It's a simple thing, but I'd try feeding him more. Maybe he's just burning more calories somehow.

Anikaca77
06-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi All,

I will try to see if I can get him into the vets my sisters goes to and get him checked out.

As far as I know she/he has not been given and type of wormer meds.

We are not sure how old he is since he has been around since my sister moved into her townhouse 3 years ago and he was an adult cat then just fat.

She feeds the 2 cats as well as her other neighbors so there is always food lying out.

I'm just really worried about him and due to the fact that I have this other stray that I just got and gave to Shirley I guess I can only do what I can at this moment.

I will e-mail that rescue so thank you Jenn.

Thanks,
Melissa