PDA

View Full Version : sponser

toughCookie
08-30-2002, 03:32 AM
Tomorrow I am going to call the shelter where I got Charlie and Patches, and sign up to sponser a cat, and I will get occasional updates and pics. I can't take in any more cats, I was just looking at their website tonight, the poor kitties! I really feel bad for them.

Former User
08-30-2002, 04:45 AM
Mary, that's a cool thing to do! :) Good job!

lynnestankard
08-30-2002, 06:36 AM
What a wonderful idea Mary - I'm going to look into doing that - although I've never heard of it over here. :) :)
Lynne

toughCookie
09-24-2002, 01:59 AM
well I am sponsering 2 cats,starting next week. one has diabetes,( Izzy) and the other is a three legged cat,(Tripod) I saw them both that day I adopted Patches and Charlie. I don't remember the ages, but I will find out. I will post pics when I get the pics...
it is mostly just donating, but I will get occasional pics I guess. still don't know much about it...:p

AmberLee
09-24-2002, 02:13 AM
How wonderful. {{{Mary and her generous heart}}}

maya
09-24-2002, 04:32 AM
Wonderful!

The only thing is- you have to make sure that if any serious adopter shall appear – your sponsorship shall not prevent the cat from finding a nice home.

The poor things might never be adopted, though cripple cat may function as healthy ones, and most important- be affectionate and happy.

:)

yumyum6970
09-24-2002, 06:49 AM
That is so cool, I doubt we have that here in Florida :(

toughCookie
09-24-2002, 05:48 PM
well even if they don't have it in your area, you could donate to a shelter. thats all I am really doing. if someone comes along and seriously wants to adopt them that would be great! but I specifically(sp?) asked for them because I remembered them. I told them I would rather not sponser a kitten because of that reason, and they agreed with me that kittens are the first to get adopted, thats its the older or sick ones that need it. I wish Ihad thought of finding out their ages. maybe some day I will adopt them... but not in the near future. I have adopted kittens, now I would like to help the older/sick ones.

I remember once when I was about 20, I had just one cat, and another one, pregnant, showed up. I wasn't too generous then, and I have felt bad about that over the last few years,now with these cats, remembering that from time to time. I think geez what ever happend to that poor kitty and her babies? I didn't even want her in the house , but I did let her in a few times. once she just slept , was so comfy. I think I should have taken her in and after her babies were born got her and them(when old enough) spayed/neutered. I moved out of that house before she had her kittens and I don't know what happend. my boyfriend at least gave a neighbor a little money to buy her food. it was a long time ago but I still think i was cruel to not care for her.
anyway thats not why I am doing this, I just can't stand to see all those poor cats in the shelter. guess I care more now than I used to. weird how time changes you huh? I wasnt an animal hater, I don't know why I didnt take her in...

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2002, 10:54 PM
You sure have a big heart Mary. :) There needs to more people like you in this world. :D

AmberLee
09-25-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by toughCookie
...I wasnt an animal hater, I don't know why I didnt take her in...

I don't know about you, but sometimes when a lot is going on in my life I'm too involved to do anything else. Sometimes I look back afterwards and regret/wonder why I didn't do more or take some action. I'm thinking particularly about some friendships that dwindled due to inaction on my part ... in each case I intended to follow through, but by the time I had 'breathing space' to do so it was too late, I'd lost contact and couldn't find them again. I do regret it, but try to use this regret to fuel current friendships so that they are maintained. You can't change the past, but can use the past to change the future. It sounds like you are using your past to make life much better for 7 cats. This is pretty impressive to me. {{{tC}}} Lighten up on yourself. I think you are probably pretty tired and discouraged right now. Maybe taking a little time for you would help you all.

toughCookie
09-25-2002, 12:57 AM
thanks!