PDA

View Full Version : YARRRRRGH! Biting!

Sevaede
06-10-2008, 06:07 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Okay, so, I had a neighbour who just moved out approximately one week ago. She moved in to this (privately owned) complex shortly before I did (last June). In August, she took in a puppy (Weddo). Spanky was wary of this newcomer (despite all of the other animals she has been around, played with, lived with, shared food with, etc.). She had just turned one year of age.

She began displaying some undesirable behaviours which I immediately sought to correct. Neighbour would talk over me or otherwise *encourage* the behaviours. I would explain and ask her to stop and she would ignore me, laugh at me, change the subject, whatever. The one time she admitted she was doing something wrong was when she brought it up in a conversation, in passing, and then quickly laughed and changed the subject.

Now, Spanky has started (within the past couple of weeks, intermittently) biting people and *chasing* anything that runs away from her. She barks when people knock at the door but she is always made to steer very clear of the door, to quiet down, and stay back. She does it, always, from behind. She just walks right up and nips right on their heel or ankle (usually without making a peep, so you don't know about it until afterwards). I will just have to continue working with her to eradicate the problem.

:(

Daisy and Delilah
06-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Enough of that raucous behavior, Spanky!! Good luck with it.

Jessika
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Can you keep Spanky from Weddo and the neighbor? I guess, do you HAVE to be around the neighbor especially? Just stay away and explain that if s/he can't abide by your rules on how to raise your dog, s/he can't interact with him. I think that's just so rude when people feel they don't have to listen to you. If it were a child it would be a different story, but a dog.... ohh a dog doesn't matter. =/

Catlady711
06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Can you keep Spanky from Weddo and the neighbor? I guess, do you HAVE to be around the neighbor especially? Just stay away and explain that if s/he can't abide by your rules on how to raise your dog, s/he can't interact with him. I think that's just so rude when people feel they don't have to listen to you. If it were a child it would be a different story, but a dog.... ohh a dog doesn't matter. =/

She said the neighbor had just moved out a week ago, this is just the aftermath of the behaviours the neighbor encouraged.

OP - I hope Sparky gets back under control soon!

Jessika
06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
She said the neighbor had just moved out a week ago, this is just the aftermath of the behaviours the neighbor encouraged.

OP - I hope Sparky gets back under control soon!
She also said the neighbor moved into a privately owned complex shortly before she did, so that also confused me, made it sound like they both moved but to the same complex. I don't know, it made it sound really confusing to me lol.