PDA

View Full Version : McGill University Pet Survery

Virgilio
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi all,
We are students of McGill university and have setup a small survery for our consumer behaviour class. This information will help us better understand what drives one towards the purchase/adoption of a pet.

If you would be so kind as to fill it out completely, we will greatly appreciate it.

Here is the link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB227W2UQJJ5Y

Thank you very much.

Virgilio Rubini

Karen
06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
I tried to respond to the survey, but the only choices for pets are dog, cat or bird. No bunnies or "other."

But folks who actually own dogs or cats or birds should do okay!

Hellow
06-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I did the survey, and i chose the lowest age group, although i am younger than that.

ramanth
06-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Done. I used Kia, my first dog for the study. :)

carole
06-10-2008, 07:13 PM
all done.:)

Freedom
06-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I completed the survey, using Sugar. Many of the questions seems skewed to buying pets. I have never "bought" a pet in my life! I have adopted most, a few have adopted me. Items refer to pets as possessions - UGH! Very old school attitude!

Marigold2
06-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Did it, thanks.

Suki Wingy
06-10-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm filling out the survey but I did not purchase my dog, my parents adopted him, although I had a very big say in which dog to adopt as long as the behaviourist agreed. My parents names are on the adoption papers.

Catlady711
06-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Ok being I'm normally an oddball anyways....

If I understand this the whole point of the survey is to analyze the behaviour of people purchasing items, in this case pets?

Being the skeptic that I am....

What use is the information people submit from the survey going to be actually used for? Marketing pets? Published paper? Statistical analysis?

Considering that the survey asks what I deem as personal questions (age, marital status, income, etc.) I won't complete the survey myself.

As one poster above said, the fact it assumes most pets are purchased and refers to pets as a commodity rather than an adopted family member, somewhat puts off a few people.

Something to keep in mind in future surveys.

elizabethann
06-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Did it.