PDA

View Full Version : Vent - I SO Want To Move, and I Can't!

Twisterdog
06-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't usually vent like this ... sorry.

I so want to move out of this town! I am just over it. We have the worst weather here. It's freezing cold with howling wind nine months of the year, there is absolutely no spring or fall, and the summers are just hot, windy and dry and everything is brown and dead. We don't get rain, have no trees or water. It's just miserable.

The people aren't friendly, there is nothing that remotely passes for culture, and drugs are a literal epidemic. My kids are not doing well at all here, and I just want to get them out.

I would like to move a couple hundred miles north of here. It's SO much better ... in the mountains, green, pretty, small towns. But I don't think it's going to happen, for various petty reasons that have all added up.

I'm so frustrated. :(

Thanks for listening.

Karen
06-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Hmm, time to start the prayers for circumstances to change for you. Will do! As I was explaining to some transplanted MidWesterners the other day, the one good thing about Massachusetts weather is that it changes often! We're in the midst of a heatwave, and he said "What happened? I thought I moved away from this weather!" When I explained it'd only last a few days, his wife said, "Oh, okay - we're used to it being like this a lot longer ..." "Yeah, four months straight ..." he said, and she corrected him "More like 5." He agreed.

"Don't worry," I said, "In a few days, it'll all be different again!"

Ginger's Mom
06-10-2008, 06:03 AM
I am sorry to hear that you feel so frustrated and helpless right now. Prayers going out that your situation will improve in some way.

Rachel
06-10-2008, 07:26 AM
I've always felt that there is some form beauty and interest to be found in your own home town as long as you don't compare it to somewhere else. That said, what you've described is more than a challenge. I do hope you can make a goal of finding another spot to call home and a plan to find a way to make it happen. A pleasing environment can be so beneficial to one's well being.

elizabethann
06-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I've never been to Wyoming but I've always wanted to go. I envision mountains and pastures and beautiful rivers. Nothing like what you've described.

Maybe you should take a mini-vacation? It always feels good to be home after a vacation. Maybe that will help a bit.

lizbud
06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
A mini vacation might be a good idea if you could arrange it.:)

Is this a dream deferred or do you actually know it will never happen
for various reasons? It's not like you want to move cross country.;)

shepgirl
06-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Life is just about the same wherever you go, except maybe the big city.Life isn't all about where you live, it's what you make of life.
Funny, I pictured Wyoming as mountains, clear lakes and lots of green grass and horses.