PDA

View Full Version : Basil

NoahsMommy
08-29-2002, 08:17 PM
Hi there,
It's really neat watching our little ball of fluff grow up. He was all black when we got him a month ago...but now has many white strands sporadically placed around his body. He has small patches of white strands under his front arms, his tummy and now his muzzle is turning white too! Could it be? Could Basil be a tuxy?

Here's a picture that shows his muzzle:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p14a0066bac054a260ffd3edbb786c157/fd561655.jpg

Former User
08-30-2002, 04:37 AM
Casper also has some white hair in his chest and in his...hmmm...private areas ;)
Basil is cute!!!

NoahsMommy
08-30-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Casper also has some white hair in his chest and in his...hmmm...private areas ;)
Basil is cute!!!

hee hee....Niina....so does Basil! My husband said...not for long!! ;)

lovemymaltese
08-30-2002, 12:47 PM
sooooooooooo cute!

wayne0214
08-30-2002, 05:11 PM
I am thinking that a texedo cat is one with white on the under part and black on top, like my Amy. But whether a cat with a few strands of white on his underside would qualify him as a tuxedo, is questionable. Does any one out there know for sure? ( He does have large yellow eyes!)

..............wayne

The Cat Factory
08-31-2002, 04:28 AM
My kitty Vader has a crest of white on his throat and one on his belly:) Plus, he has 1 white whisker:)

krazyaboutkatz
09-02-2002, 11:25 PM
As Pepper has gotten older I've noticed that he's getting more white hairs all over his body. He had to be shaved on part of his belly and his bottom area when he was sick last year. His hair grew back with a lot of white in it. I asked the vet about this and he said that this often happens with black cats but he doesn't know the reason. So if I had Pepper shaved for the summer I think his fur would grow back like this so he'd look like a different cat. I don't think that Basil is a tuxedo cat because I think that they start out with black and white fur when they are born. I don't think that they start getting the white fur as they get older but I could be wrong. :confused:

lynnestankard
09-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Oh Kelly - thanks - another gorgeous pic., of cutie-pie Basil :) :) :) I'm in heaven.

Lynne

Vermontcat
09-04-2002, 08:56 PM
With my cat Sam as she gets older she gets a few more white hairs here and there on her black fur, never black hairs on the white areas! Tuxes are colored as tuxes from kittenhood on up to adulthood with just the occasional few white hairs mixed in as they age. I have been visiting tux kitties at the local humane society and they are clearly marked as tuxes at Basil's age. I think it makes him a little more unique as opposed to generic.:)

Troy
09-05-2002, 03:06 AM
Can't help you at all....but the Basil's picture made my day!

yumyum6970
09-05-2002, 07:06 AM
Wow I can't believe how big he has gotten so fast!