PDA

View Full Version : Human Care

columbine
06-07-2008, 10:44 AM
As an experienced Purr Therapist, I've learned something about human care that might be helpful. If you see your human taking lots of pills, stumbling around complaining about being dizzy, and squirting stuff up her nose and then coughing and saying icky words, that means she has a sinus.

When your human has a sinus, she'll want to sleep a lot. When she goes to bed, jump up onto the bed and have a nap on top of her. You can train her to sleep with a body pillow on top of her under the covers when she lies on her back, so she won't jump up and run to the bathroom as soon as you climb up onto her. If she sleeps on her side, curl up behind her knees and have your nap there. Be sure to purr nice and loud! In a while her sinus will go away and she'll be feeling much better.

Love, Smudge

rg_girlca
06-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh thank you Smudge for your expert advice. I will make sure to let the others know because my human feels like she is coming down with a sinus that her son so graciously decided to share with her. I can't repeat the exact words that she said to him here, but it went something like this; "You rackin trackin frackin rotten kid. You couldn't keep it to yourself eh!"
Oh boy she really sounded :mad:............................(Joking)

So I think my human is going to need lots of nice loud purrs.:D

momcat
06-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi Smudge! How are you today? Thank you very much for your excellent advice! We can't haul our hoomins off to the whitecoats like they do to us when we get sick so it's important that we know what to do. Over Christmas Meowmie and Soncat both had flu at the same time and taking care of both of them at the same time was a challenge. Purrs and snuggles are the ultimate wonder drug! I'm sure your Meowmie feels a lot better with you to care for her and I hope her sinus goes away very soon. Give her some feel better purrs and headbumpies from me?

Your friend,
Groucho

Don Juan's mom
06-07-2008, 09:20 PM
my hoomin had that a while ago. we kinda liked it because she was home with us instead of going off to someplace called "work". but she wasn't happy so Zerlina and I purred for her.

Don Juan el Gato Magnifico y Hermoso

catmandu
06-08-2008, 04:01 PM
OUR DAD HAS TROUBLE SEEING SO WE STEP RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM SO HE KNOWS THAT HES HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO THE CAT FOOD, CAT TREATS AND CAT TOYS.:cool:
ODDLY SOMETIMES HE DOESNT LIKE THIS AS MUCH AS YOU THINK HE WOULD AS WERE ONLY TRYING TO HELP!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cassiesmom
06-10-2008, 04:35 PM
As an experienced Purr Therapist, I've learned something about human care that might be helpful. If you see your human taking lots of pills, stumbling around complaining about being dizzy, and squirting stuff up her nose and then coughing and saying icky words, that means she has a sinus.

When your human has a sinus, she'll want to sleep a lot. When she goes to bed, jump up onto the bed and have a nap on top of her. You can train her to sleep with a body pillow on top of her under the covers when she lies on her back, so she won't jump up and run to the bathroom as soon as you climb up onto her. If she sleeps on her side, curl up behind her knees and have your nap there. Be sure to purr nice and loud! In a while her sinus will go away and she'll be feeling much better.

Love, Smudge

Dear Smudge,

I hope my hoomin gets one of these soon - that way she will be Home with Meeeee!

Purr,
Cassie

columbine
06-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Dear Everyone, my human is all better! And the heat wave is supposed to ease up tonight, so we're both feeling happier. Although I do think I'll spend more time letting the fan ruffle my belly fur - that feels really nice. My human really wants to rub my tummy, but to me that means "play!" and she insists that I'm just too heavily armed. I think that's silly - why, one of her arms probably weighs nearly as much as I do! I guess it's one of those strange human expressions. Anyway, I smell rumbly-booms coming, and my human wants to turn off her computer, so sweet dreams, tasty treats, and cuddly snuggles to all of you.

Love, Smudge