PDA

View Full Version : Not only celeb photos can be airbrushed.

ChrisH
06-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Got myself a new toy. :D

A photo taken last year, very early in the morning I may add.

Before.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%203/P7241678copy.jpg

After
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%203/P7241678copy_pp.jpg

:)

Moesha
06-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Can I send you every picture ever taken of me and have you fix them up? :D

gini
06-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Can I send you every picture ever taken of me and have you fix them up? :D

She beat me too it - that was my exact thought too!

Medusa
06-07-2008, 10:49 AM
She beat me too it - that was my exact thought too!

Add my name to the list. :)

Karen
06-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Fixing up and -photoshopping a picture doesn't change the reality, though, folks! I have done such work for people. One was a man who wanted to lose a lot of weight - or at least look like it in his photo for a magazine. I said to the go-between "Won;t people wonder, when they see him, why he suddenly gained a lot of weight?" And the go-between said, "No, he doesn't plan on seeing any of the people who get this magazine any time soon!"

ChrisH
06-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh, Karen, I know that, it's just for fun. :D

Barbara
06-07-2008, 12:02 PM
You look great anyway. But now at least I know how these before-after pics in magazines are done :D

Karen
06-07-2008, 12:05 PM
You look great anyway. But now at least I know how these before-after pics in magazines are done :D

The funny thing is, for a hospital's article on plastic surgery, I got to once take a model's photo and manipulate it - but not how you think. We had two photos, one of the perfectly handsome guy smiling, one of him frowning. I got to take the frowning photo, and give him wrinkles, bags under his eyes, break his nose and give him a double chin/soften his jawline. That became the "before" photo. It was so funny, I felt like I should apologize to him the next time I saw him!

Randi
06-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I agree you look great in either one, but well done! :) The secret is to not overdo it. I've played a bit with these tools too, but I'm a long way from what the pro's can do.

Here's an example of a good one - before and after. Not my work though.

ramanth
06-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Nice job! My photoshop skills are rusty, but I plan to play a bit in the near future. :D

ChrisH
06-08-2008, 01:29 PM
It wasn't done in Photoshop guys, I used this program (http://www.portraitprofessional.com/) which I bought on an impulse and regretted it almost right away. Not because of the program, it's excellent, but wasting money I could ill afford on something I will rarely use ... though it was half-price. :D

4 Dog Mother
06-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Your picture looks great. Don't beat yourself up too bad. We all "impulse" buy at one time or another and I have found that usually it is when I can least afford it. But I now try to reframe my feelings from beating myself up to thinking well, at least I got something in return for that money instead of having to pay a speeding fine or paying for medication that doesn't work and the doctor orders a different one or......

And the amount you paid for it, well, I definitely have made some more costlier impulse buys!

slick
06-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Well hello there beautiful lady!!!! :love::love::):)