PDA

View Full Version : It's Sky's 5th Anniverary & 6th Birthday Today!!! 6-7-08

krazyaboutkatz
06-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that Sky has now been in my home for 5 years now and since I also count his gotcha day as his birthday, he's also turning 6 years old.

For those of you who don't know his story, I'll tell it again. I was at a cat show and the Humane Society was there. I already had 3 cats at the time and I sure wasn't looking for another one or so I thought. All of the cats were adults so I thought that none of them would tempt me.

When the judges took their breaks, the Humane Society was allowed to use one of the judging rings to show and tell about the cats that were up for adoption. Sky's name was Herman at the time. When I saw him I thought what an interesting looking cat. He was shaved down and had somewhat of a lion cut but his fur had an interesting pattern to it.

They said that he was found as a stray and his fur was so badly matted that it had to be shaved. He wasn't afraid to be at a cat show in front of so many people at all. He seemed to be very comfortable and was eating up all of the attention that he was getting.:)

After they told all of their cats stories, a man seemed to be very interested in Herman and I thought good he'll get adopted and finally have a good home.:) Later on they announced that a cat had been adopted but I didn't know which one. I found out it had been a handsome Tuxie named Jackson.

I then asked if Herman had been adopted and they told me no.:( I went over to see him and they asked me if I wanted to hold him and I said sure. Well that was it. I fell in love with him. I loved his personality and big blue eyes. I had never had a cat with blue eyes before.

I found out that he had been adopted before but the people returned him because one of their other cats began spraying. Herman had also been featured in the local paper as pet of the week. They told me that he'd have long fur but that didn't matter to me because I was already in love with him.:)

I adopted him and I've never regretted it. I named him Sky after his sky blue eyes and he adores his new name. He was such a good boy that he didn't even cry on the way home. He spent the first week in my spare bedroom at the time and he was accepted immediately by my other cats and he acted like he had always lived with me. He's my kitty/dog and just loves people and attention.:)

Here's a couple of pictures of him when I adopted him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/Sky/Sky_010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/Sky/Sky006A-cropped-eyesfixed.jpg

Here he is today.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/Sky/NewCatPics-5-26-08059-croppedresize.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/Sky/bb2e29cf.jpg

HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY & 6th BIRTHDAY SKY!!! I hope you'll have many many more happy and healthy years ahead of you. I love you fluffy boy.:)

Killearn Kitties
06-07-2008, 02:56 AM
Happy anniversary and birthday Gorgeous!! :D You were the first PT adoption I remember sweetheart, and I still remember the surprise I got when all your fur grew back, because I hadn't realised you were going to be such a fluffy kitty.

You are looking wonderful and I hope you have the happiest of days today. :D

CultureJunky
06-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Happy Birthday Sky, I'm sure meowmie is going to spoil you rotten!
I just adore your pictures of you shaved down, I don't think I've seen those before! So cute :)
You're a lovely fluffy cuddly boy now, like a big furry pillow. I'm going to ask your mum to give you a cuddle for me and Sunny :)

catmandu
06-07-2008, 09:53 AM
WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY OF LOVE:love: AT FIRST SIGHT, AND THAT WAS SO TOUCHING:cool: HOW YOU AND SKY BONDED AND YOU KNEW THAT YOU JUST HAD TO TAKE HIM HOME.:love:
THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO US WHEN I SAW BJ :love:T A HAMILTON CAT SHOW, I KNEW HE HAD TOO BE MY CAT.
THATS SO GOOD THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO SEE THE CAT THAT SKY :love:WOULD BECOME AND SKY CERTAINLY IS A MAJESTIC HANDSOME CAT:), AND WILL HAVE MANY MORE YEARS OF LOVE:love: WITH YOU NAD YOUR FAMILY.:cool:
CONGRATULATIONS AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE YEARS OF LOVE:love: AND HAPPINESS TOGETHER!!!:love:

jazzcat
06-07-2008, 11:41 AM
What a special day for Sky!!!

Catty1
06-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh my goodness...how could anyone have named such a cutie "Herman"?:rolleyes::)

Happy Birthday and Gotcha, Sky! You are obviously a very happy kitty, and arrived in the home that was always meant for you. :love:

kitten645
06-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Happy Birthday Sky!! I've always LOVED that spot on your wee nosey. Kisses and smoozles.:love:
Claudia

Felicia's Mom
06-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Happy Birthday and Anniversary Handsome Sky!!:D

Randi
06-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Happy Anniversary and Birthday, Sky! You look gorgeous! No wonder your mom fell for you, and weren't you lucky she was the one. :D

I wish you many more healthy and happy years - and your favourite treats today! ;)

Moesha
06-07-2008, 12:57 PM
What a nice story! I'm glad you found such a good home, Sky.

rg_girlca
06-07-2008, 03:34 PM
A very HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY AND 6TH BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL SKY. :D

I remember seeing his first pictures, but don't recall his gotcha story. I can clearly see why you fell in love with him with those gorgeous baby blues.

You hit the jackpot dear Sky, the day your meowmie went to that Cat Show.

Freedom
06-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh Sky, what a lovely story of how you found a great furrever home! These are for you handsome fella:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/gotchajpg.pnghttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/birthday/hbd5.gif

momcat
06-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Happy anniversary/gotcha day, sweet Sky! What a fluffy, irresistable, handsome guy you are, no wonder your Meowmie fell in love with you right off the bat.

Wishing you a day filled with fun, tasty treats, tons of love, and all the things a special kitty like you could possibly want. May you have many more healthy and happy years with your wonderful loving furever family! Sending you lots of scritchies and lovies to celebrate your very special day :love: :love: :love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks for all of the nice gotcha day and birthday wishes everyone.:) We've already had 2 catnip parties. One Friday night and another one this morning. Sky is my only cat that doesn't react to catnip so he doesn't understand why his siblings go so crazy over it.:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh my goodness...how could anyone have named such a cutie "Herman"?:rolleyes:

Yes, my thoughts exactly.:rolleyes: To me Herman sounds like a good name for a turtle. Today if I try to call him Herman, he'll ignore me because he hates it. When I call him Sky he'll look at me and respond to me in a happy way.:)

dc_lost
06-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Best wishes for a Long, Love filled life Sky! :love::love::love:

wow herman was NOT the name for this adorable, fluffy love!

Don Juan's mom
06-07-2008, 09:15 PM
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY, beautiful Sky! Please ask your mom to give you a head scratch from me.

And an ear wash from us!

Aunt Liz

Don Juan el Gato Magnifico y Hermoso and Zerlina Gattobello Nero

AmberLee
06-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Hippo Birdie Ewe Ewe! And miiiini moooore!!!

You were an adorable adoptee, and have just gotten cuter, sweet Sky.

~~~ snugglies ~~~ vibes wafting your way.:love: :love: :love:

ChrisH
06-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Gosh, is it 5 years since you got that gorgeous boy! Time sure does fly!

Belated Happy Gotcha Day & Birthday, Supremely Handsome Sky!

lvpets2002
06-08-2008, 10:23 AM
:love: Happy PurrFurrff Day wittle Adorable Sky.. go for those kitty treats..

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks again everyone.:)

cassiesmom
06-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Happy Birthday, fluffy, flooffy, handsome Sky! Smoochies!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww dear Sky!!! My mommy didn't go on PT yesterday, so she missed your birthday thread...:rolleyes:

You are such a gorgeous cat, as a kitten, and as a mature boy :)
I love your very much sweetheart, so have a very Happy Birthday and Anniversary my prince!!

Your Maya

Barbara
06-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Happy Birthday Sky:D
You definitely never ever looked Herman the German but you looked somehow much more royal and sophisti-cat-ed:)
And there are men who can wear long hair while others can't- you certainly can:D