PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Edward.

RICHARD
06-06-2008, 03:45 PM
He may be a tropical storm....you make the call.:confused:

After a few months of having a modem that wasn't working up to par, I swapped it out.
I turned the CPU around to unhook the cable, put in the new modem cable that came with the new modem and left it alone. I have learned that you do not put everything back-just in case.

Bad move.

I got on the machine to play around with it and test the modem.

The modem is on the desk (the Edster's desk), the cat is on his box, totally zonked out, I have a scratch on my hand, a rubber band is in the trash and MY Los Angeles Kings Souveneir Hockey Puck is shoved under the shelf where the monitor sits. this is the scene after the chaos.:rolleyes:

About 10 minutes ago Hurricane Ed hit land and destroyed the desk top, my hand and any semblance to order.

Cat jumps on the desk and begins to investigate new cables and modem.

He starts to love the modem, moves on to the new cable for the modem-in and orgy of cable loving, he starts to go after every cable on the computer.
He finds the hockey puck-drops it to the floor.

O.K. he's obsessed with rubber and plastic. I am thrying to keep things from falling off, I grab the modem, shoot for the puck and try to keep him from rolling off the edge. the mouse pad gets involved and finally I have to put my right hand into the eye of the storm.

HE'S FOUND THE RUBBER BAND THAT WAS WRAPPED AROUND THE MODEM CABLE! Rubber bands are a huge no-no in our house. I try to get the rubber band and am greeted with a paw swipe and a nip. Skin scraped, no blood!

I get the 'stink eye' for interrupting his fun. I toss the puck back on the desktop and get him to roll back to safety.

A few seconds later the 'storm' has abated a bit. He's lost all interest in anything I have or am playing with. Three minutes later he's asleep,. leaving me to play FEMA and clean up the mess.

I know this may be the end of the storm or I am in the eye, waiting for the the second part of it.

For some reason, I know it's not over.

That's the problem with 'hurricanes' -You think that it can't get any worse...

Then nap time is over!!!!

lvpets2002
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
:love: Yup this is normal Richard for any cat to do.. Try having at least 10 helpers..

Freedom
06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
:love: Yup this is normal Richard for any cat to do.. Try having at least 10 helpers..

Ditto from here! :rolleyes:

catmandu
06-06-2008, 06:08 PM
THAT REMINDS ME OF THE TIME WHEN JOSEPH WAS YOUNGER AND HE AND MOOSE WERE RACING AROUND AND JOSEPH LEPT OVER THE MOOSE AND MICHAEL THE MOST AND LANDED ON THE VCR SPILLING IT AND EVERYTHING ON THE TV.
HE DESTROYED THE CABLE INPUT TO THE VCR, SO I HAD TO BUY ANOTHER ONE TO FEED INTO IT, AND ACTUALLY THAT MADE DUBBING EASIER.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats735.jpg
ITS FRUSTRATING WHEN THEY DESTROY THINGS, I HAVE A STATUE OF LAUREL AND HARDY THAT WAS A GIFT, BUT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME THANKS TO MIQUELITO DOING THE DOUGLAS FAIRBANKS LEAPS FROM THE CURIO SHELVES.

jazzcat
06-07-2008, 12:01 PM
So when does your Hurricane Edward Relief Check arrive?

RICHARD
06-08-2008, 06:14 PM
The Feline Emergency Mischief Agency only sends out brooms and dust pans, not money.:eek::mad::rolleyes: