PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo?

*LabLoverKEB*
06-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Since you guys have the best advice, I thought you could help me!:)
I will be turning 18 on the 9th of this month, and I have been thinking about getting a tattoo (a small one) on my hip... the question is.... what the heck do I get?

Here are a few things I was thinking about:

*Some kind of christian symbol (I'm a christian, go to church twice a week)

*My Sadie's actual paw print, (but smaller) and her name somehow in there, but I don't want it in black & white. How should I do the coloring? (This is my favorite so far)

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
:)

Karen
06-05-2008, 10:50 PM
I wonder which colors of ink last the longest - do others know?

I think a sweet little pawprint, maybe just with an "S" for Sadie silhouetted in the bottom pad, would be nice.

Fuzzybuns
06-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Tattoos are personal and a public glimpse of our inner selves. It's impossible for any of us to choose the right one for you...you have to do that.
With the few I have, I learned three very important rules; Never add a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse name, always make sure it's something you can live with in the stretchmark and saggy years and always choose them as an expression of yourself.

Good luck with the one you decide on!

Kfamr
06-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I've been wanting Simba's pawprint tattooed on the inside of my left wrist for years. I came very close to doing it today but plans ended up changing.

I may do that exact thing tomorrow. On my right wrist I want a tattoo of a camera. My two passions in life.

All I know is make sure you think long and hard about it, the item you have tattooed and the position. It's very painful to be removed and cost tons.

binka_nugget
06-06-2008, 03:48 AM
I wonder which colors of ink last the longest - do others know?

No one color will last longer or look more vibrant than any other color. :) It depends entirely on healing and how the tattoo is treated over the years. Exposure to sun will fade tattoos quickly. The darkest points in my paw print tattoos were jet black but they've since faded to a grey. I knew that they would fade when I started indoor tanning, so it wasn't a shocker. It's just something you should keep in mind. :)

I suggest going for something that is very personal and dear to you. For myself, I kept going back and forth with ideas but there was always one I knew I would never regret.. my dogs' paw prints. They've left a mark on my heart and have changed my life drastically. That's something I could never get sick of or regret.

If you do decide to go with something on your hip, remember that it may not stay as vibrant as it once was. Hip tattoos are prone to fading because they're always being bumped around. It'll make healing a little more difficult and could require some-what frequent touch ups to maintain the color.

cloverfdx
06-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Only you can decide what is right for you, goodluck with whatever you decide :).

I know what i want done, but there is a 6 month waiting list to get in to see that particular artist.... but it will be worth the wait ;).

*LabLoverKEB*
06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks so much everyone!
I really like your idea, Karen! Thanks! I still really need to think long and hard about this, though!;)

Kay, good luck with yours!:)

Suki Wingy
06-07-2008, 01:52 AM
I also thing a tattoo is something that you should come up with on your own. I am getting Niņo's paw print in a dark, inky blue color on my upper back as soon as I can afford it.

Animalhouse26
06-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Can I suggest BOTH those options! Get a Cross And Put a Paw Print Kinda over the bottom of it. And Put Sadies Name or the S in there?! I have 5 tattoos myself,and I don't regret any of them!

*LabLoverKEB*
06-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Wow! I love the cross and paw print idea, but it's kinda hard to picture it!
LOL my cousins a tattoo artist, and I'm sure he could draw it! Thanks!

Animalhouse26
06-07-2008, 05:12 PM
hehehehe I am glad you like the IDea :-) I thought .. "Heck, if she is soo into both things... DO both!" :-)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Hehehe!:D