PDA

View Full Version : Best way to lose fat in your abs?

CountryWolf07
06-05-2008, 11:29 AM
So I am wanting to lose some fat in my abs - Never worked out this year from college, and I gained a little something, and I want to lose that.. is there a quick way of doing so? Thanks. :)

pitc9
06-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Crunches with a ball.

http://www.google.com/products?q=exercise+ball&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf8&um=1

Cataholic
06-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Technically, you lose fat in your abs the same way you lose fat all over. :) That is by reducing your caloric intake- be it through eating less or exercising more. Personally, I prefer the reduction in calories plus exercising.

Fat is fat is fat. Dress it up and call it cellulite, whatever, but, it is fat. Women store fat in places like the abs for biological reasons, and not all women store fat in the same way. I think there are 3 common body types, and you may be more towards the pear (I think they call it that, anyhow).

Up your cardio, up it alot, and you will see results in your abs (as well as all over). Doing crunches over excess fat will really only make your muscles firmer...doesn't reduce your 'fat' at all. In fact, some people believe that making your ab muscles firmer over a layer of fat makes you appear larger!

Muscles are muscles and fat is fat and never the two shall meet. :)

Good luck! Be thankful you are young and childless....you have a whole lot more time and energy to devote to getting fit than some of us. (and, YES, that is a big old excuse, isn't it?).

CathyBogart
06-05-2008, 12:30 PM
You cannot lose fat over just one area, lose body fat all over and you will see a difference in the abs. :)

CountryWolf07
06-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Thank you all for the tips. :)

Medusa
06-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Doing crunches over excess fat will really only make your muscles firmer...doesn't reduce your 'fat' at all.

Muscles are muscles and fat is fat and never the two shall meet. :)

I concur. :)