PDA

View Full Version : Advice on buying ipod

Alysser
06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I have alot of money in the bank now that I have gotten a job, and I want an Ipod really bad. I have an Ipod mini, one of the first ones to come out and it's just not cutting it anymore. It's time for an upgrade. I KNOW what Ipod I want. The new Ipod nano, the smaller kind. I want it in Red, black, or blue. But anyway, I was wondering has anyone bought one before? What is the cheapest price around? I don't want to buy it in online and I would like the 4GB one. Thanks.

Suki Wingy
06-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I would just get it at the Apple Store. You won't really find new ipods for a range of prices, just what Apple sets.

caseysmom
06-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I have found costco to be the best prices around and the best return policy on everything if you have a problem.

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I bought Bruce a classic ipod back in Feb for his birthday. He searched around online for the best price and it turned out that Best Buy had it for a "good" price. So we just went to the store and got it immediately.
But Costco is a good idea too.

Medusa
06-04-2008, 08:28 PM
I gave my son an Ipod Touch for Xmas last year but it was pricey: $433 including tax. He loves it, though. I bought it online and Apple delivered it right on time.

caseysmom
06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
An FYI Alyssa if you buy from the apple store they will give you a student discount, at least that is what I heard.

Suki Wingy
06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
It is true, I got a student discount on my macbook.

Hellow
06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Well for online (even though you wont want online, but anyways) you could go to www.newegg.com, i get all my electronic-related stuff from there, and that is the place where i am going to get the parts for the computer that i am going to build ( i know alot about computers lol).

Alysser
06-21-2008, 07:39 AM
I just wanted to say I happened to buy myself an iPod touch. I'm actually typing from it now. I really chose the right iPod for me because I didn't really like the iPod nano. I bought it at wal-mart for $297. My parents offered to pay for all of it but I'll pay for half of it just because I'm such a good person. ;)

joycenalex
06-21-2008, 08:25 AM
i have a 30 gb size, and i love it, is there a specific reason you want a smaller one? the 30 GB is about 2 inches by 4 inches by 1/4 inch and fits neatly into my pocket when i'm walking princess peanut. i love the amount of space to carry music and pictures around

joycenalex
06-21-2008, 08:26 AM
oh yeah, consider better headphones as well when you get it, i was amazed at the improved sound when i stopped with the earbuds and got over the ear headphones

Jessika
06-21-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't recommend iPods actually, I've always been happier with Creative's MP3 players. The Zens have always been awesome and the sound quality is a lot better compared to the iPods. I've even lent mine to friends with iPods and they commented on how much better it sounded.

Karen
06-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I just wanted to say I happened to buy myself an iPod touch. I'm actually typing from it now. I really chose the right iPod for me because I didn't really like the iPod nano. I bought it at wal-mart for $297. My parents offered to pay for all of it but I'll pay for half of it just because I'm such a good person. ;)

Congratulations - I am glad you made the right choice for you!

My only quibble isn't with any iPod, it's that all the headphones come with two earpieces. Well, some of us only have one functional ear, and there oughta be "onesies" for us! I also see many people with one dangling so they can, for example, have their music playing but still serve customers ...