PDA

View Full Version : Name suggestions

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Well, in case you didn't see the thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143002
So, I am taking suggestions on names for this little girl. Here's my criteria:
I'd like something with a z in it. Since I have Taz and Zoee I thought I'd stick with the "Z" theme. Perhaps something with the z in the middle?
I thought of Blaze, but that has the z sound at the end like Taz. Something more like Rizzo, as an example.

Come on, I know you all have great ideas with these things. Let's hear them!! :D

lvpets2002
06-04-2008, 09:35 AM
:love: Since this baby is so special with her markings == what do you think of a special name as Artemis = means virgin goddess of the greeks.. Artemis also had a twin sister named Apollo..

GILL
06-04-2008, 09:40 AM
The CREW has to agree with LVPETS "Ms APOLLO" god of thunder and lighting. I mean with the lighting bolt on her forhead.

catmandu
06-04-2008, 09:56 AM
HOW ABOUR PREZZIOUS , AFTER MY DEAR PRECIOUS ANGEL:love:WHO PASSED ON LAST YEAR.
AND WAS A CUTE CUDDLEBUG CAT:D:D, LIKE THAT DEAR LITTLE WONDER, AND SHE WOULD LOVE :love:BEING A GUARDIAN CAT ANGEL.:love::love:
SHE WAS SUCH A DEAR LITTLE CAT WITH SO MUCH LOVE :love::love::love:IN HER AND SHE WANTS TO SHRAE THAT WITH A LITTLE PROTEGE.

kittycats_delight
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I like Rizzo. I think it is really cute!

Suzie
Venezia (can call her Zia)
Lynzi
Gizmo (Gizzie)

I will try to think of more. Z isn't the easiest letter to think up a name with.

Michelle

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the ideas everyone. :) I'll take these to Bruce and see what he thinks.
I'm actually really liking Lynzi, I was thinking to spell it Lynzee to go along with Zoee?
But I'm still open for suggestions. If I can choose one Cathy can start using it with her. :)

I work with a girl from Russia, so I'm asking her for suggestions too. :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-04-2008, 11:40 AM
How about Mitzi or Dezi. I'm sure you'll come up with something great.:)

Karen
06-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Lizzie Lightning Cat!

Emeraldgreen
06-04-2008, 11:52 AM
How about Lizzie. Her full name could be Elizabeth.

Or Dazzle and you could call her Razzle Dazzle for fun.

Or Fuzzbutt, Fuzzy for short? :)

Karen
06-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Suza or Suzie or even

Zuza Zap Lightning Cat

Husky_mom
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
If she was a he... a Harry would come in handy... as in Harry Potter... what a cute forehead marking... she´s soooo cute!!!

I also thought about Dazzle...LOL
Bozzy....:p
Ozzy
Wubzzy... as in Wow Wow Wubbzy.... (not sure how to spell it...:p)

cassiesmom
06-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Zaida or Zada (fortunate)? Zana? She is absolutely precious!

kittycats_delight
06-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all the ideas everyone. :) I'll take these to Bruce and see what he thinks.
I'm actually really liking Lynzi, I was thinking to spell it Lynzee to go along with Zoee?
But I'm still open for suggestions. If I can choose one Cathy can start using it with her. :)

I work with a girl from Russia, so I'm asking her for suggestions too. :D

I like that spelling of the name too Cindy. Let us know what Bruce thinks. I know you will know the perfect name when you hear it. :)

Michelle

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I talked to Bruce and told him some of the ideas. He suggested we wait till we get her so we can see her personality. He said maybe we will want to name her Spaz! :D But I call Taz that sometimes. LOL

But please, keep the ideas coming! :)

Moesha
06-04-2008, 03:15 PM
PrisZilla just a play on what her name is now. ;)

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
PrisZilla just a play on what her name is now. ;)

Great minds think alike, because I thought the SAME thing!! LOL And Zilla could be the nickname. I think I thought of Zilla and then thought Godzilla!! LOL

Moesha
06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
hahaha I thought of Godzilla too. But she looks too cute for that one.

catmandu
06-04-2008, 04:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/th_86903ba4.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/?action=view&current=86903ba4.pbr)
HOW ABOUT PRECSZILLA , MY PRECIOUS ANGEL WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE THAT KITTEN AS HER PROTEGE!!!

pitc9
06-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I like Rizzo.... (then again I'm a HUGE Grease fan! :o)

Oh she's SOOOOO cute!
I'm so happy for you!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I also later thought of Lizzie or even Izzie. I also thought of cashmere but you could spell is either Cazhmere or Kazhmir. Since I have many weather cats I also thought of Breeze or Breezy.

Scooter's Mom
06-04-2008, 09:15 PM
I like Rizzo.... (then again I'm a HUGE Grease fan! :o)

Oh she's SOOOOO cute!
I'm so happy for you!!

I love Grease, too!!!

Moesha
06-04-2008, 09:43 PM
What about Hazel? I am sort of a real people name kinda person.

Here are a few others Dezarae, Maizy, Brazil, Jizelle, Jozee, Julz, Suzette (Ok, I admit, I went to a baby naming website and found most of those.) I do really like Hazel though.
I have heard that 2 syllables are best when naming an animal. They recognize those sounds easiest.

jennielynn1970
06-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Zia is cute.

Although Gary's suggestion, PRECSZILLA, is original. ;) (it actually just reminds me of a giant cat attacking the empire state building, lol)

Moesha
06-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Raizon, Rozee,
or since today is Wednezday!

Maybe I should go to bed now. LOL

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Raizon, Rozee,
or since today is Wednezday!

Maybe I should go to bed now. LOL

LOL, NO, don't go to bed. You are getting some good ones!! Someone at work suggested Roza, but I sorta like Raza better. I don't know. I have a MILLION names going on in my head. And they will probably just bounce around up there for the next four weeks. LOL

Catty1
06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Razta!

jennielynn1970
06-04-2008, 10:40 PM
OH!!!

Zelda - means "gray warrior"!!!!

LOL!

Moesha
06-05-2008, 06:30 AM
You know you've been on PT too much when you dream about threads from here. I had a dream that I rescued a gray tabby kitten. I kept trying to figure out what name to give her. Sadly, the last thing I remember that I kept calling her was Baytril (that was from another thread I read last night.) Sheesh....but when I woke up I remembered it was supposed to have a Z in it. So here's my suggestion this morning....
Bayzil!

MoonandBean
06-05-2008, 08:18 AM
You know you've been on PT too much when you dream about threads from here. I had a dream that I rescued a gray tabby kitten. I kept trying to figure out what name to give her. Sadly, the last thing I remember that I kept calling her was Baytril (that was from another thread I read last night.) Sheesh....but when I woke up I remembered it was supposed to have a Z in it. So here's my suggestion this morning....
Bayzil!

LOVE IT!

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Bayzil!

LMAO!! That is hilarious! That is a neat name. Pronounced like the herb, Basil.

Well, I do appreciate everyone's suggestions. And I am writing them all down. But since I am not the only one involved in the decision, it may be a while before we have a name for her. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-05-2008, 09:22 AM
I love "Basil" and "Lizzie" !! But hey, what about "ZAZOU" ??

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I love "Basil" and "Lizzie" !! But hey, what about "ZAZOU" ??

Honestly, I did think of that. But I think I do not want it to start with a Z since Zoee does. Also, I am thinking of not naming her after anyone else, since I do not want to hurt any feelings. I hope everyone understands that. :)

nancys
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
I like the names Suzie, Elizabeth / Lizzy, Dazzle, Dezi, Rizzo and Lynzee. Let us know what name syou decide on.:)

Emeraldgreen
06-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Bayzil!

LOL! Too funny! I've had PT dreams too. :)

p.s. I like your previous suggestion of Hazel.

MoonandBean
06-05-2008, 11:25 AM
This may have been suggested already (I didn't go back and read the whole thread BUT...) I just looked at the original post and saw the precious picture of "foster" cuddled up with adorable Jasper. How about naming the kitty...

JAZZY in honor of her first best friend, Jasper. :)

doolittleky
06-05-2008, 02:22 PM
She is adorable!!!!!!. I love diluted calicos. My suggestion is Zig Zag Ziggy or Miss ziggy for shirt. The zig zag marking reminds me of ric rac my mom use to use when she sewed.
Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
06-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Here are a few more suggestions.
Azra
Azriel
Izabell or Izabella
Jazlynn
Kenzie
Leeza
Liza
Lizina
Mackenzie
Roza
Rozalina
Rozene
Suzette
Suzanne
Zuzana
Zuzela

columbine
06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I think she looks like a Liza or an Eliza. Or maybe a Suzanne.

shais_mom
06-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I think she looks like a Mazy or Maizee or Mazie :D
:love:
congrats! :D

jennielynn1970
06-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I think she looks like a Mazy or Maizee or Mazie :D
:love:

OH! those are cute!!! She could do Daizy May/Mae, too, lol.

Karen
06-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Last night, as I was about to fall asleep, I thought of the perfect name for her!

Sizzle!

She's got the lightning bolt on her forehead, it's got "z" in the middle ... and I don't know any other kitty with that name!

rg_girlca
06-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh gosh, she is just too darn adorable for words. :)

You got a lot of really nice names to choose from. I can't wait to see what name you choose and also to see more pictures of this little sweetheart.:D

Taz_Zoee
06-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Wow, thank you KAK for all those suggestions. Now we have even more to choose from. :) I love everyone's suggestions!! I just hope Bruce will help me. I showed him a partial list and he choose one of those, but then we got even more ideas. :D
This is harder than I thought it was going to be. LOL

krazyaboutkatz
06-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Wow, thank you KAK for all those suggestions. Now we have even more to choose from. :) I love everyone's suggestions!! I just hope Bruce will help me. I showed him a partial list and he choose one of those, but then we got even more ideas. :D
This is harder than I thought it was going to be. LOL

Cindy, you're very welcome.:) I just looked at a site that had both boy and girl names and I scanned through them and wrote down all of the names that had Z's in the middle of them. I'm sure that you'll come up with the purrfect name. When you go visit her, this will probably help you to narrow down your list because then you can see what her personality is really like.