PDA

View Full Version : Mothers!!! A rant

Pawsitive Thinking
06-04-2008, 05:23 AM
OK - I love my Mum dearly (in fact we are off to see David Essex :love: in concert tonight) but...................

I have just been on msn to her and mentioned PAWsitive Thinking and gave her the website address to look at and the response I got was virtually "hmm very nice dear" :rolleyes:

I'm 43 years old for goodness sake so why am I so disappointed at her lack of enthusiasm for my new venture? :(

Rant over :)

Freedom
06-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Aw, so sorry you feel let down.

I don't know what age your mum is. My dad has a tough time relating to ANYTHING on the web. That "may" be a part of the problem.

Anyway, I can't offer solutions. You are doing something you love and enjoy and you are helping others, so you need to find the reward in yourself.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Thank you.

Mum is nearing 70 and I think she reckons I'm a bit bonkers. Should have settled down with an accountant and got a proper job :rolleyes:

AbbyMom
06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Does she live away from you?

When my mom reached that age, she also started losing interest in what I do. I suspect that it was because I lived far away and most of her life then had little to do with me.

Karen
06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Now, now, dear. At least you've still got a mom! (You and I are the same age.)

It could have been any number of reasons she wasn't immediately enthusiastic, but you wouldn't want her to feign enthusiasm, would you? It's a new venture, and an unproved thing ... I am sure, as things get up and running and going well, she will warm to the whole thing.

Catty1
06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Denise, my mom can use a computer and likes them - but she is not a surfer or really internet literate at all (I have gently distinguished the difference between "internet" and "browser" for her several times. :) )

If she is computer and/or internet literate, she may just not know what to say. If she just looks at the home page, and it looks nice, that may be the extent of her knowledge.

I don't think she was disapproving - just genuinely unknowing.

...maybe some stories about how your services have found missing cats, etc... ;)

HUGS!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Thanks everyone :love: I knew you would put it into perspective for me

We had a great time at the concert last night (Mr Essex still has it!!) and she did ask me a bit about setting up the website ;)