PDA

View Full Version : Chrissy going in for surgery tomorrow (Good update)

emily_the_spoiled
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I don't normally ask for your thoughts and prayers, but little Chrissy is going in for surgery tomorrow morning. She was born with no eye ball in her left eye and only light sensitivity in her right. Well her left eye keeps getting infected, so I made the decision to have them remove it and sew it shut.

I know that Gabriel and Gracie (catlover4ever) had similar surgery and everything turned out fine.

But my little girl is going in tomorrow, so just keep her in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/cfahlman/ChrissyApril27-08V.jpg

Grace
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
She is beautiful!!

Will keep good thoughts and prayers for as long as you need.

barrycheadle
06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Good Luck Chrissy! she'll be great!

GILL
06-03-2008, 03:58 PM
The CREW will be sending our prayers and best wishes for this beautiful little Chrissy.
Please keep us informed.

Moesha
06-03-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll be hoping for a good report on Chrissy's state very soon!

Karen
06-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Aw, she'll be more comfortable, and if possible even cuter with a permanent wink!

catmandu
06-03-2008, 05:39 PM
MY JUKE JOINT JOSEPH :cool:AND FRIEND:D BOTH SEND THIER SPECIAL PRAYERS AS MY JJJ3 HAS JUST COME FROM SURGERY AND HE KNOWS THAT THAT IS NOT A LOT OF FUN.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012548.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012549.jpg
AND WE KNOW THAT MANY PET TALKER ANGELS :love::love:WILL BE WITH CHRISSIE AT THE WHITE COATS , AND THEY WILL COMFORT HER AND HELP HER PASS THE TIME.
AND NOT BE SO LONELY.
THE FOUND CATS AND I WILL ADD CHRISSY :love::love:TO OUR PRAYERS.:love:

Medusa
06-03-2008, 06:15 PM
The Fur Posse and I will keep Chrissy and you in our thoughts and are now sending out prayers for her successful surgery and speedy recovery. :)

emily_the_spoiled
06-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks everyone, I know that it will be fine and I trust my vet, but I am still worried because this is major surgery (but what surgery is never major :rolleyes:)

AbbyMom
06-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Prayers for a quick recovery. Hope she will be much more comfortable in the future.

Freedom
06-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Prayers from RI for sweet Chrissy!

cristy
06-03-2008, 07:57 PM
what a little angel...prayers for her tomorrow!

Anikaca77
06-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Prays are being sent your way!

Hugs!

emily_the_spoiled
06-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Well I dropped her off at the vet on my way to work this morning. She seemed to know that something was up (probably because I didn't feed her with the rest of the furry paw gang).

I will let you know what the vet says when the surgery is finished.

GILL
06-04-2008, 09:35 AM
The crew is sending thier prayers.

lvpets2002
06-04-2008, 09:39 AM
:love: Aweee Chrissy your so Adorable & Brave.. Yes wittle one it will be much better once the surgery is done.. Lots of Prayers & Whisker Good Vibes & Kissess being sent..

cassiesmom
06-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Prayers for precious Chrissy from Chicago! :love:

emily_the_spoiled
06-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I just got a call from my vet. They took Chrissy in as the first surgery of the day and everything is fine. It turns out there was a tiny little eye in the corner of the eye socket, but they managed to get it out. She is now resting at the vet's office and doing just fine.

The vet also suggested that I try and keep her calm tonight and even apply ice packs to the region. Any suggestions on how to keep a 6 month old kitten calm while applying ice packs :rolleyes:

Emeraldgreen
06-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Wow, sounds like a big surgery! Hope Chrissy's recovery will be calm, restful and healing. That's alot for a cat to go through, she is very brave and strong. :)

lvpets2002
06-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I just got a call from my vet. They took Chrissy in as the first surgery of the day and everything is fine. It turns out there was a tiny little eye in the corner of the eye socket, but they managed to get it out. She is now resting at the vet's office and doing just fine.

The vet also suggested that I try and keep her calm tonight and even apply ice packs to the region. Any suggestions on how to keep a 6 month old kitten calm while applying ice packs :rolleyes:

:love:Oh my I would be scared to bring her home so soon.. They dont think this wittle one should spend the night at the Vet's??

Medusa
06-04-2008, 12:23 PM

If you find out, will you let me know? I can't keep even my oldies but goodies calm. Chrissy sure has been through it and so have you. We're keeping up the prayers that she recovers ASAP w/no problems whatsoever! :)

emily_the_spoiled
06-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately there is no one in the vet office over night, so she is actually better off at home where me (and the rest of the gang) can keep an eye on her.

I won't be able to get her until almost 6PM, so she should be in pretty good shape by then. If there are any problems, I hope they will have surfaced before I get there.

But I am open to suggestions about how to apply an ice pack to a kitten????

Catty1
06-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Ask the vet how to apply an ice pack to a young kitty! :D

Unless they give her a pain patch that has a tad of sedative in it, I don't know how you would do it - unless you use a towel and create a 'kitten burrito'.

Ask how long the cold would have to be on her eye.

Glad all went well!:)

emily_the_spoiled
06-04-2008, 01:37 PM
The vet suggested 10 minutes on and 30 minutes off for the ice pack. But realistically neither one of us thinks that is really going to be happening tonight!

Catty1
06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Do you have a small ice pack? Maybe a tiny zip lock bag with some crushed ice cubes in it?

Yeah, she likely needs a night's rest!:)

emily_the_spoiled
06-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I think I will be the one who needs a night's rest (and ALOT of bandages if I try the ice pack :D)

lvpets2002
06-04-2008, 03:16 PM
:love: Sorry I had to chuckle a bit..:p Hey its too bad your so far away.. I was thinking we could all show up & take turns on caring for the wittle one tonight.. Anyways Good Luck && keep Us Posted ok..
I think I will be the one who needs a night's rest (and ALOT of bandages if I try the ice pack :D)

pitc9
06-04-2008, 04:12 PM
I think the best kind of ice pack to use would be a gel ice pack, the ones that stay soft once frozen.
This way it would be more comfortable than an ice pack with cubes that could put too much pressure on her ouchies.

jazzcat
06-04-2008, 04:15 PM
She is such a cutie. I'm glad all went well with the surgery.

Good luck on the ice pack. I imagine that will be difficult but using a soft gel type like pitc9 said would probably help.

emily_the_spoiled
06-05-2008, 07:43 AM
It turns out that the ice pack issue was a moot point... we had a BIG thunderstorm (with a few tornados) yesterday afternoon and I had no power (still don't). So needless to say, I had no ice :D

lvpets2002
06-05-2008, 12:16 PM
It turns out that the ice pack issue was a moot point... we had a BIG thunderstorm (with a few tornados) yesterday afternoon and I had no power (still don't). So needless to say, I had no ice :D:(Oh no Bless you alls Hearts.. So now what & how is Chrissy doing?? How is everybody doing??

sasvermont
06-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I cannot imagine putting ice packs on a cat. They are heat seeking creatures and shy away from cold. I think you should put the ice in a glass for a little big girl sipping!

I once had a vet tell me to crush a pill, put it in butter and put it on the cat's lips. I don't know about your cats, but my cats don't have lips! I ended up putting the mixture on the cat's paws. That did the trick!

How is your furry creature doing? I hope the recovery period is going smoothly.

Let us know!:love:

emily_the_spoiled
06-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Well Chrissy is now out of her e-collar (she was supposed to wear it until the stitches came out), but it just wasn't work the fight to keep it on her. She is eating just fine and not bothering the stitches. She also managed to wake me up bright and early this morning (even though I had no power ;) ), I guess she just wanted her food.

Thankfully the vet gave me antibiotic pills, so they go down quite nicely with pill pockets!

We have to go back in out 10 days to have the stitches removed, but it doesn't seem like she is slowing down at all (even though I am sure the other guys would appreciate it if she did :D )

sasvermont
06-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Glad to hear the recovery period is running smoothly. She seems unbothered by the entire event. So much for the cold packs!

Thanks for taking such good care of this little missy.
;)

Vio&Juni
06-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Just saw the thread. I am glad that Pretty Chrissy is doing better.

And I know what you mean about slowing down. We thought Milo is going to slow down a bit after his snippity-snip, but NOOOO. Oh well, that's why we love the kittens.