PDA

View Full Version : Huskys shot in Florida.

RICHARD
06-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Did anyone see this story,

I do not like these stories, I really curse loudly and get riled up when I see them.

Here are the 'facts' or what I remember about the story.

-----------

This was captured on video by a tourist.

A Florida man shot two Siberian Huskies 7 times, both dogs lived, one lost an eye, because he thought they were wolves and they were attacking cattle.

Apparently you can shoot wild animals that are attacking your livestock in Fla.
with out any penalties.

The tourist, I think she was from Ireland, taped the shootings. Witnesses said that the dogs had been in the area of the cattle for one half hour before the shootings and were just romping around the area,

The thing that really ticked me off was the AH lawyer on the news panel who defended the shooting, I stopped having an aneurysm long enough to write down her name- Julia Morrow - at first, the local authorities passed on filing charges but now are looking at the case again.

Medusa
06-04-2008, 06:44 PM
If he has livestock, I'm sure he can tell the difference between a wolf and a Husky at a distance. Shame. That goes for the mouthpiece, too.

dukedogsmom
06-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Florida is full of stupid rednecks and lots of cruel people. I hope that jerk and his lawyer get their bad karma returned soon :mad:

Daisy and Delilah
06-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Oh No!!!!! Not Florida again :eek:

I think it is legal to shoot any animal that threatens your livestock here. In this case, we can see just how insane that law is. I can understand that farmers need to protect their animals but this just gives them the go ahead to kill at their own discretion. Rest in Peace doggies.

Catty1
06-04-2008, 07:48 PM
For Daisy and Delilah:

both dogs lived:)

I hope they have good homes that they could go back to. :(

lizbud
06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
I read this news report. This link has the story & pictures of the two
Siberian Huskies. The dogs escaped a yard not far from the area where
they were shot. The owner was searching for them at the same time it
happened. There's a video/ story here.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/orl-dogshot3108may31,0,7701308.story

Suki Wingy
06-07-2008, 02:15 AM
Here's the full the woman took of it happening
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nhNOO0e1Kqw

I don't understand why she didn't get out of the car and help the man, since she saw saying, "Someone should go help the poor man!"

Medusa
06-07-2008, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't approach anyone who's firing a gun, especially at dogs and he's hitting his targets.

Suki Wingy
06-07-2008, 08:05 AM
She said that after the gunman had run off, I'm pretty sure.

Medusa
06-07-2008, 08:22 AM
I guess I'm confused then. How is he the poor man seeing that he's the one shooting the gun? Who should she have helped? It seems to me that it's the dogs who needed the help. I'm not being difficult here; I truly do not understand.

Suki Wingy
06-07-2008, 09:26 AM
She was saying someone should help the man who owns the dogs. You can see him run up in the video I linked to. He's kind of running around shocked, in the official news story posted in this thread he says he just thought his dog was going to die in his arms. The owner was running around trying to deal with his two injured dogs and people were just standing by watching him after the gunman had run off. One man did call the police though.

Medusa
06-07-2008, 09:31 AM
She was saying someone should help the man who owns the dogs. You can see him run up in the video I linked to. He's kind of running around shocked, in the official news story posted in this thread he says he just thought his dog was going to die in his arms. The owner was running around trying to deal with his two injured dogs and people were just standing by watching him after the gunman had run off. One man did call the police though.

Ok, now I get it. Thanx for clearing that up. I must've been having a blonde moment. ;)

Suki Wingy
06-07-2008, 11:52 AM
That's ok. Sometimes I have those, 'cept it's a purple moment. :p

Medusa
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
That's ok. Sometimes I have those, 'cept it's a purple moment. :p

If, by "purple", you mean "senior", I was gonna say that but I'm still stubborn enough to fight it. When I can't remember why I asked the question, then I'll give in to the "purple" moment. ;)

Suki Wingy
06-07-2008, 07:54 PM
nope, my hair's purple with a few orange highlights right now. :cool: I kind of have an addiction to hair dye. Especially funky colors :o
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/100_1579.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/100_1524.jpg
(because we all need at least one shirt with a fictional spaceship on it!)

Medusa
06-07-2008, 08:12 PM
nope, my hair's purple with a few orange highlights right now. :cool: I kind of have an addiction to hair dye. Especially funky colors :o
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/100_1579.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/100_1524.jpg
(because we all need at least one shirt with a fictional spaceship on it!)

Ok, got it for sure now! Love the purple streaks! I looked on your profile and your age isn't listed, so I thought you may have been referring to the poem "When I Am Old, I Shall Wear Purple". But this is much better! :) I, too, had a hair dye addiction years ago. When I'd sit in my hairdresser's chair, she'd ask before she started "Ok, so what color are going for this time?" I would go from platinum blonde to jet black, then red, than back to blonde. I finally stopped when my hair started breaking off but I kept it shorter than you keep yours. I once tried to have a purple lightning bolt in the front of my hair when I was wearing it kinda like David Bowie but it didn't turn out right. She screwed up the color and the lightning bolt ran and it looked like my head was bleeding. LOL So I finally calmed down, went back to platinum and stayed there. It's a good color because the gray hair mixes right in. Your hair looks great!

Suki Wingy
06-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks, I do it all myself, except I get it cut about once or twice a year.

(I think we've hijacked this thread :o)

Medusa
06-07-2008, 10:02 PM
(I think we've hijacked this thread :o)

Yes, I think so, too. My apologies, everyone.

RICHARD
06-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes, I think so, too. My apologies, everyone.

Don't worry, that is the best part of reading threads. They start with a topic and end up going in a totally different direction! I think it's fun to see where you end up!