PDA

View Full Version : Tenant Rant...

moosmom
06-02-2008, 05:38 PM
My daughter was in Florida all last week and I went over there everyday to take care of her cats.

She came home today (I had just been there to feed the cats) and called me very upset. She said the old "f" downstairs knocked on her door and said he was calling the police on ME because I broke into his apartment and stole some flowers (plastic ones). :eek::eek:

I was FURIOUS!!!! This crap has been going on with my kid for over a year with this guy. The guy's daughter is the superintendent of the apartment building (so is her boyfriend). I left a message on the boyfriend's voicemail (there's no talking to the guy's daughter). I told him the whole stupid story and said that if this kind of crap doesn't stop, I'LL be filing a formal complaint against this guy. I told my daughter to think about filing a restraining order. She doesn't want to do it. I dare him to call the police on me. Go ahead, MAKE MY DAY!!!:cool:

This poor girl can't take a shower, flush the toilet or brush her teeth without this a-hole banging on the wall. He hears things in the middle of the night and assumes it's Amy and wakes her up by banging on the wall.

I feel so bad for her. Her nerves are shot, she's walking on eggshells and she has herself all worked up over it. I'm about ready to go over there and talk to this jerk myself. But Amy told me not to. That's why the vent.

Does ANYONE have advice. Thanks for listening.

DJFyrewolf36
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Been there, done that! I wish I could give you some helpful advice...we solved the situation with our psycho neighbor by moving lol. Maybe your daughter should start looking into a new place...while calling the cops on the psycho lol.
If I were you, Id go to the police first and tell them this guy is accusing you of stealing stuff. As far as I know you have the right to file a complaint.
Good luck! I doubt you'll change his ways but maybe he will think first before harassing people.

krazyaboutkatz
06-03-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( If I were her, I'd start looking for a new place to live or maybe she can find a different apartment in the same building that's not near this idiot. I've also had some real winners that lived either below, above, or beside me but luckily they've all moved on. I wish her luck.

Medusa
06-03-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm sorry that you and your daughter are experiencing this, Donna. Unfortunately, I have no advice other than to concur w/everyone else has said so far, to go to the police or possibly have a chat w/your attorney. It's doubtful that this guy is going to change; people like that rarely do. It's all too easy to tell someone to move. That isn't always an option. Moving is expensive and time consuming, especially when you have to work. But if it is an option, I'd seriously consider it if I were your daughter. In the meantime, try a little magic: write the guy's name on a small piece of paper, put the paper in an ice cube tray, fill it up w/water and freeze it. That freezes his actions and keeps him quiet. Try it; it works! :p

moosmom
06-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Mary,

I will do that!

DJ,

I went to the police last night and filed a formal statement. The superintendent Gary isn't returning my phone calls. When I spoke with the cop, I told him I actually felt bad for the guy because he's old and I think is having bouts of Alzheimers. But at the same time, he's making my daughter's life a living he**.

A guy I work with at BB&B is a Systems Administrator at the police department. I asked him if I should file a statement and he said yes and to do it now rather than later. That's when I went to the station. I asked David if calling the cops everytime this guy bangs on the wall at 3 am would do any good. He said no because it would hurt my daughter's chances of getting another apartment should she decide to move, and they call for a reference check and see all the police visits at that particular address.

We're HOPING they'll find him a one bedroom in another building. I just hope it comes sooner than later.

pitc9
06-03-2008, 09:30 AM
How horrible!
She can't even enjoy being at her own place.

I'd have to move, I wouldn't be able to take it.

Best of luck.

moosmom
06-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I spoke with Gary this morning. He was away and didn't get the message till today. We talked and he said I did the right thing by filing a statement with the police to cover my wide butt. He said that he adores Amy, is one of their best tenants, and they're trying to get this old guy outta that apartment into another building. He called Amy on her lunch hour and talked with her and she seems to much more relieved. Both Gary and I told her that if he knocks on her door again for any reason, to check the peephole and NOT answer the door if it's him.

Stay tuned.

Medusa
06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Better and better! It's tough having a bad neighbor. I'm sure things will work out now.

Catty1
06-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Prayers and best wishes that this resolves soon.

And that man - if he can live in a place where it's quieter and he is happier, that would be better for him.

If there are more complaints to the police, can he be legally assessed and recommended for a long-term care home?

Hope all works out for everyone's best!