PDA

View Full Version : Does your bunny...?

Daisylover
08-29-2002, 10:11 AM
Does your bunny like to help you clean their space?

Several of mine at home do, as well as some of the bunnies out at the rabbit sanctuary. They sit in front of the broom, or get into the litter boxes/straw and then throw the contents all around. It's a funny sight to see although there are times that it's frustrating.

The house bunnies love to run through the neatly swept up piles of dust bunnies/food/hay and scatter it everywhere when my back is turned. , ;) You can practically see some of them vibrate in excitement!! And cleaning the litter boxes is often a contest of who gets to sit IN the box will it's being cleaned out. It's a good thing they are so darn cute!!! :rolleyes:

lovemymaltese
08-29-2002, 01:01 PM
I used to have a bunny about 6 years ago. He enjoyed making a mess but not cleaning it. I have never seen such a messy rabbit in my life, he was cute though. I had to give him away because he kept biting my little brother and the dog.

NoahsMommy
09-03-2002, 03:03 PM
That is so funny!!! I can just picture it....rabbits acting like cats! :)

When we had Faith and Thomas, they wouldn't really help clean, but would get really mad when, after we vacummed their carpet, would rearrange thier toys so they had more room to play...do your bunnies do that too? The litter box was ALWAYS moved to the center of the bunny run too!! Silly bunnies! :D

zippy-kat
09-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Sophie helps clean the cage, but it has to be done QUICKLY or she gets mad! Very mad! She'll grunt and box me.

Night before last, I received a telephone call as I was cleaning her cage. So here I am half-way in/half-way out of her cage (it's actually a crate/kennel for golden retriever sized dogs), cordless phone pressed between my neck/head/shoulder, and a bunny tugging on my shirt tail behind me. "MOM GET OUTTA MY HOUZE!!" :rolleyes:

Sophie's favorite "forbidden" place is my (walk-in) closet---if I accidentally leave it open -- you can just see her whole being light up as she runs full-tilt --ear a' floppin'-- towards the closet door! silly girl!

Karen
09-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Miss Hoppy does not "help" me clean her cage/litterbox, but MUST rearrange the new hay once I am done, usually within minutes. She actually is quite the interior decorator and has definite opinions about what should go where in the house, particularly in the kitchen. If we set down, for example, an empty grocery bag where she thinks it doesn't belong, she will move it, same with anything else light enough for her to move!