PDA

View Full Version : I need prayers...

moosmom
05-31-2008, 12:16 PM
My best childhood friend, Susan, lost her mother today. Her parents and mine were best friends as my brother and me and Susan and her two brothers were growing up in the projects. They were family to me and I will miss Funny (her real name is Florence). Her Dad and mine were so much alike and very good friends. My Dad used tell me stories of the trouble they got into.

RIP sweet Fun. I'll miss your sense of humor and will never forget what you told me when I first saw you after coming back from Michigan. You hugged me and said, "Welcome home, I'm glad you're back where you belong. I will never forget you, dear lady.:(:(:(

Catty1
05-31-2008, 01:14 PM
hugs :love:

I know you are not going to MI again...but maybe invite Susan for a visit after the funeral?

My condolences to you, and Fun's family - to your brother and all affected.

Prayers are yours! {hugs}

Medusa
05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh Donna, I'm so sorry. It's times like this that really take us back, don't they? It's good that you have so many fond memories of Funny and you and Susan, hopefully, will be able to get together and reminisce soon. Please know that you're in my prayers and if you need to talk, please pm me and I'll give you my phone number. I don't want to pry; I'll just listen. You sure helped me out when I was ready to lose it when my son was so ill. We've got to be here for each other. Peace, dear lady. :)

davidpizzica
05-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh Donna, prayers and hugs for you and condolences to Florence's family for their loss. I'm here if you need a shoulder to lean on.

moosmom
05-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Susan and her family are from CT. So I don't have to go back there.

They live only 20 minutes away from me. I'll be sitting Shiva with the family and will do whatever they need me to do.:(

You're at peace now, Fun. Give Mom and Dad huges kisses and hugs from me and tell them I miss them so much. Send me pictures in my dreams, Dad. :love::(

Catty1
05-31-2008, 09:34 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_GNe5ZVS2DwY/RvVHQmaLUiI/AAAAAAAAANk/4lhieEimKps/s320/1-sceneries-germany.jpg

K9karen
05-31-2008, 10:25 PM
I know they'll appreciate your being there for them, Donna. Sitting shiva with them will mean a lot. I believe that talking about happy times and memories helps ease the pain. I'm glad you have those to share. Fun sure had the proper name, huh? I love it. Safe journey Fun!

Daisy and Delilah
05-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Rest in Peace Fun:( I hope your name describes what you're doing right now--having fun.
{{{{{Donna}}}}}