PDA

View Full Version : Just wanna say hi!

Kirsten
05-31-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm just using one of the two computers with internet access here in the clinic, but I won't stay long, too expensive and the chair I'm sitting on makes my back ache. Just want to say hi to you all, and I hope you're all well (and your pets too, of course!).

It's my 4th day in the clinic now, and many more will follow, and I'm very homesick. Therapy hasn't fully started yet, and at the weekends, it's pretty lonely here. Most of the patients here have visitors, or even go home. I was also offered to go home at the weekends (but have to be back for the night), but so far, I didn't. It's so expensive to drive (gas about $US 9,50/gallon), and I fear my girls may be disappointed when I'm showing up for only a couple of hours, and then leave them alone again.

My mother told me that Lily is acting a bit strange, she's probably missing me a lot. :( Poor girl. I miss them sooo much!

So far, I don't like it very much. Still haven't gotten accustomed to the new environment, and I'm homesick. Can't imagine to stay here for 5 and a half more weeks! Time is going by so slowly here. And it's gotten so hot and humid, which doesn't make is easier.

When it's getting cooler in the evening, I'll go out and explore the environment a bit, I was told there are some lakes nearby; maybe I can take some photos.

Will check in here again in a couple of days, I really miss you all!

Kirsten

MoonandBean
05-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Good to hear from you! I'm sure you will adjust to your new environment quickly and will probably love it there by the time you're ready to go home. I hope you find what you need there and remember, your pets will be fine...they are in good hands :)

Randi
05-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Kirsten, it's good to hear from you, and we miss you too! It's always difficult to be away from your kitties and of course you miss them, but they'll be fine, I'm sure! Try not to worry about them. :)

It's getting hot here too, but it's nice you're able to go out and enjoy the nature. You will probably get to know some of the others too.

Take care, Kirsten - and get better! ;)

lvpets2002
05-31-2008, 09:45 AM
:love: So good to hear from you && all is going well.. We miss you.. Check in soon..

joycenalex
05-31-2008, 10:29 AM
kirsten, thinking of and keeping you on my prayer list. and sending cyber ear rubs to luna and lily.

Catty1
05-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Thinking of you - the first week IS going to be a little weird...

Looking forward to your next post; enjoy the nice coolness of the lakes. :):love:

Karen
05-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi, we love you!

Hellow
05-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Nice to hear for you! We cant wait for your next post!

Medusa
05-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Maybe once you actually do start the therapy, time will go faster for you because you'll truly begin to heal. We'll keep you and the girls in our prayers, don't you worry. It was good to hear from you and we're looking forward to a good report. :)

dukedogsmom
05-31-2008, 12:11 PM
I' sorry :( I'd be so homesick, too. I'm glad you checked in. Maybe you'll feel better when you can take pictures. I know that helps me with stress. I hope it gets better for you. I know it must seem like an eternity.

chocolatepuppy
05-31-2008, 12:16 PM
I will be keeping you and your kitties in my prayers Kirsten.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh Kristen... it's SO GOOD to hear from you! I've been thinking about you, and praying for you, too. I hope things are getting better! :love::love:;)

Moesha
05-31-2008, 03:15 PM
So glad to hear from you, Kirsten! Maybe you'll be able to go home and visit in the next week or so. I hope that things start to feel more comfortable for you there and that you start to improve with therapy as well.

DJFyrewolf36
05-31-2008, 11:43 PM
Its great to hear from you! I hope you start feeling a bit more comfortable. *HUGS* Ive never been comfortable in hospitals either so I feel your pain ;)

krazyaboutkatz
06-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Kirsten, It's great to hear from you.:) I hope that you'll become more comfortable and that the time will go by quickly so you can be reunited with your girls again. Please take care.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks for making this thread!

Get better soon, dear Kirsten!! Don't worry about your cats.... . I know it must be sooo hard to be apart from them; but they will get used to it. Me too I think that showing up for only a few hours, accopmpanied by thousands of hugs, would do more bad than better...

phesina
06-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Oh Kirsten, it's so good to hear from you. My cats and I all continue to send our prayers and love to you and to Lily and Luna too.

Logan
06-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Keep your eye on your goal, Kirsten. Hopefully you are busier this week and by the time you get home, you will be in tip top shape and able to spoil Luna and Lily to pieces! :) Best wishes to you.

Logan

Kirsten
06-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Thank you very much for your kinds words! I don't have much time because internet is so expensive here, but I wanted to check in and let you know that I'm feeling a bit better. I'm starting to getting used to the environment, but I cannot wait to go home and see my girls again. This however, is still many weeks ahead, so I better focus my mind on the therapy and physical training.

Hope you're all well,
Kirsten

Medusa
06-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Great to hear from you again, Kirsten! I must say that you sound better even from your last post. We're all praying for you and your girls and we're looking forward to a good report. You're going to start feeling like your old self again very soon. Hang in there, girl, and keep up the good work! :)

Kirsten
06-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Thank you everyone! I'm still at the clinic, and will be for at least three and a half more weeks. It's very hard for me, I'm dealing with a lot of health problems, and they seem to get worse even. For instance, I'm having now problems with my vision for a couple of days which scares me a lot. And I'm so tired and exhausted! Seems like my Hashimoto's acting up as I'm very exhausted and tired. However, the worst is being parted from my girls. I'm missing them more and more with each passing day.

Using the internet is very expensive here, so I'm just stopping by and will tell you all the details when I'm back home. I'm already counting the days, and there are still 24 of them ahead of me!

TTYS, hope you're all well,
Kirste

chocolatepuppy
06-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Kirsten, the days will go by quickly. Work on getting better, you'll be home before you know it! You're still in my prayers.:)

gini
06-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Let me reach out and give you a hug!! The time will fly and you will soon be back with your babies!!

Daisy and Delilah
06-14-2008, 07:13 PM
You're so brave, Kirsten. What a challenge to face something like this. I hope everything goes well for you and you're back at home in no time.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

moosmom
06-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Kirsten,

Glad you checked in with us! I've missed you!:love: Hope you're feeling well.

((((((HUGS)))))))

Donna and crew