PDA

View Full Version : This is so sad

Medusa
05-31-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the Dog House so I'll let Karen decide and if it belongs in the Dog House, she'll move it.

I don't know what to think about this. Did she try to find employment during this time or did she just stay there? It just touched something deep w/in me. Maybe "there, but for the grace of God, go I".

http://www.yahoo.com/s/891258

RICHARD
05-31-2008, 10:38 AM
DUDE!

That's an effing creepy story.

At least she was neat........And it goes to my idea of why men don't need a closet.:rolleyes:

---------------

My place doesn't have a closet, I can let you have the armoire though!

Catty1
05-31-2008, 10:41 AM
When I first went to work in Japan it was very prosperous. For the gov't to admit to the country having homeless people...well, they just DIDN'T.

But I took a photo of a fellow sleeping on the ground in front of a park bench in Ginza in 1993. At the time, the land was worth $1 million US a square foot.

I doubt there is 'homeless' help there...or any agencies that might help are few and far between.

A closet would not be unusual in terms of size...there are 'cubicle' hotels where a person rents a spot to sleep and that is it..though I presume there are 'facilities' in a common area.

Medusa
05-31-2008, 10:45 AM
DUDE!

That's an effing creepy story.

At least she was neat........And it goes to my idea of why men don't need a closet.:rolleyes:

---------------

My place doesn't have a closet, I can let you have the armoire though!

Funny but I didn't even think of the creepy aspect of it, although you're right, it is creepy. If the situation were reversed and a man was hiding in a woman's closet, it would be downright scary. I guess I just looked at it as a story about a woman who's nearing 60 and has nowhere to lay her head.

RICHARD
05-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Funny but I didn't even think of the creepy aspect of it, although you're right, it is creepy. If the situation were reversed and a man was hiding in a woman's closet, it would be downright scary. I guess I just looked at it as a story about a woman who's nearing 60 and has nowhere to lay her head.

A whole year!

I was thinking about it -I once shared a place with the sister of the gal I was dating- I wished she would have kept to the closet.

-------

I was trying to figure out the logistics of the story. Was she there when he was in the house? LOL, Think of all the things you do when you think you are alone! No, not that, silly!

I mean, think about your privacy!

Oh man, Can you imagine being the guy? Think of the past year and all the stuff that happened in your place!

There was the night you got hammered on sake and paraded around buck arse naked. The phone calls to your buddies! The night you broke the headboard on the bed with your 'date' from the bar! The times you sing along-badly- to the radio. YOU TALK TO YOURSELF!!!!!

I can tell you that closet cleaning is a priority to this guy, until the day he dies!

chocolatepuppy
05-31-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't mean to make light of the situation, as the poor woman must have had nowhere to go, but IF the guy had a cat or dog (seeing as this is a pet forum) the woman would have never got away with it. The cat or dog would have told on her.;)

Medusa
05-31-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't mean to make light of the situation, as the poor woman must have had nowhere to go, but IF the guy had a cat or dog (seeing as this is a pet forum) the woman would have never got away with it. The cat or dog would have told on her.;)

Hey, nothing wrong w/humor. It's what gets us through. And ya got a point there.

I can tell you that closet cleaning is a priority to this guy, until the day he dies!

That's for bloody sure!

Catty1
05-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Actually - I think the original article said she came in when he was at work...and he spotted her on a video camera that was set up in his place.

This story from the Japan Times doesn't add much more info to the story:

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20080531f4.html

Homeless woman arrested for living in man's closet undetected for a year
Compiled from AP, Kyodo

A homeless woman who sneaked into a man's house in Fukuoka Prefecture and lived undetected in his closet for a year was arrested after he became suspicious when food mysteriously began disappearing.

Police found the 58-year-old woman, Tatsuko Horikawa, hiding in the top compartment of the 57-year-old man's closet Thursday and arrested her for trespassing, police spokesman Hiroki Itakura from Kasuya Police Station said Friday.

The resident of the one-story house in Shime, Fukuoka Prefecture, installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing over the past several months.

One of the cameras captured someone inside his home Thursday after he had left, and he called police, fearing a burglary.

"We searched the house . . . checking everywhere someone could possibly hide," police spokesman Itakura said. "When we slid open the shelf closet, there she was, nervously curled up on her side."

The man lived alone in the one-story house and was not using the room with the shelf closet where the women was living. The height of the shelf closet is only 50 cm.

She had moved a mattress into the small closet space and even took showers, Itakura said, calling the woman "neat and clean."

chocolatepuppy
05-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey, nothing wrong w/humor. It's what gets us through. And ya got a point there.
Actually Mary, for a split second, I started wondering "hey, maybe someone is living in one of my closets!" Heaven knows an entire family could be in my walk in closet and I'd never see them.:o) Then I thought, "no way, the furkids would lead me to them.":D

Catty1
05-31-2008, 01:16 PM
There is a play - TOTALLY VERY DARK humour - called "Oh, Dad, Poor Dad Mom's Hung you in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad"

Apparently Dad falls out of the closet near the end of the play...he had, um, been there for a WHILE...

shepgirl
05-31-2008, 03:50 PM
I was just thinking of what will happen to the woman now....hopefully this guy will find it in his heart to let the whole thing go. She didn't cause any damage and who would refuse food to a hungry person? I hope someone finds a place for her.

Twisterdog
05-31-2008, 11:27 PM
That's very sad. Obviously she did ok during the day, when he was probably at work ... but can you imagine curling up in a closet from 6 pm to 7 am, for example, every single day. Not being able to move, make a sound, use the restroom ... and what about weekends?

Maybe he should just let the poor lady live in his extra room. Obviously, she would cause him no problems as a room mate! She could clean the house and make dinner in exchange for a room. That's what I would do, anyway.

shepgirl
06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Sounds good to me Twister. If she meant any harm she had a long time in which to act - she didn't so I would offer her a roof in exchange for some housework.

Marigold2
06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
First off I am glad she came out of the closet. :D:D:D
Second she must have had a few screws loose.
She should have been out looking for a job or with friends.
Walking in the park, looking at the want adds, going to a library.
Seeing a shrink.

pitc9
06-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Wow.. how freeky!

Glad I have dogs, like Annette said, they would have sniffed her out in no time!