PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me why?

Medusa
05-30-2008, 01:10 PM
When I want to get them in a carrier, it's a chase scene. When I put the carrier down after bringing someone back home from the vet, they go in willingly and I can't get them out. This time it's Coco Puff. :p

Husky_mom
05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
cats do what cats want....LOL... and if itīs opposite of what YOU want BETTER!!!... LOL....

next time try settign the carrier and "trap" whoever gets in that time...LOL...

cats and dogs are a hoot....

Moesha
05-30-2008, 02:52 PM
They are crazy animals! Last week when I took Morgan to the vet, I grabbed him and shoved him in. Of course he squawked during the 20 minute ride to the vet's office. Silent while there and all the way home. I let him out and 20 minutes later he was crawling back in the carrier! There's no making sense of kitty minds.

lvpets2002
05-30-2008, 03:09 PM
:love: Oh yes Mary this is very commen.. My babies do this all the time.. If I set out the carrier prior or past they will all want in.. Its funny..;)

MoonandBean
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I've never seen Moon get in a carrier so fast as when I open the door on the floor of the vets office. At home, it's like trying to put a rabid octupus in that thing.

Medusa
05-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I've never seen Moon get in a carrier so fast as when I open the door on the floor of the vets office. At home, it's like trying to put a rabid octupus in that thing.

That really made me laugh!

Pam
05-30-2008, 03:28 PM

My vet has an explanation for that. He said the carrier is "like a tunnel to home." They are oh so glad to get in when they are at the evil white coats office because they know that home is the next stop. :p

Karen
05-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Miss Hoppy - though not a cat - did this a few times. She did not like going to the vet, though she didn't particularly mind the carrier. Once at the vet's office, she was eager to get out - while in the waiting room. But once in the exam room, she'd hop out, but then that nasty white-coat would do all manner of unspeakable things - like touch her feet, etc., and she'd do anything to get back in. It was a "safe cave" from the nastiness. And once home - hey, it was still a safe spot, in case WE had any thought of doing something horrible like giving her medicine. Immediately following a vet visit, the carrier is a "safe cave" instead of a "transport to torture" device.

catmandu
05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I HAVE NEVER FIGURED OUT HOW THEY KNOW ITS THIER TURN TO GO TO THE VETS!!!
YESTERDAY I TOOK THE CARRIER DOWN AND JOSEPH WHO WAS ON THE PORCH RAN AWAY, AND THE OTHERES SAT THERE SMUG, BECAUSE SOMEHOW THEY KNEW THAT THE CATTIER WAS NOT FOR THEM.
BUT JOSEPH KNEW!!!
HOW I WILL NEVER KNOW. AND THE NEXT TIME SAY MY PRINCESS GOES, HE WILL SIT THERE GLOATING, NOT ME THIS TIME. HA HA!!!!;):):p:p

momcat
05-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Same with Groucho. His carrier is always open and accessable to him, often we'll find him in there sound asleep or just hiding out. Summer before last the house two doors from us went on fire and we were told we might have to evacuate. There was no way we would even consider leaving without him. He simply refused and fought something fierce when we tried getting him in. But it was all for nothing, fortunately we didn't have to leave.