PDA

View Full Version : Tubby & Peanut's Mom WHERE ARE YOU??

jenluckenbach
05-30-2008, 05:27 AM
Hey, anyone heard from Debbie? It has been quite a while.. :(

momcat
05-30-2008, 08:43 AM
You're right Jen, it has been awhile. I hope everything is okay.

moosmom
05-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Did she make an appearance at the Dog Park Bash in Findley over the Memorial weekend perhaps??

Cinder & Smoke
05-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Where's Debbie?
She sent this e-mail on May 14, 2008 >>>

Hey Phred :-)

We're not going to be able to make Findlay again this year.
Sounds like fun - as usual - but it's just a no go again - sorry. :-(

Thanks for the invite though. Wish we could be there.
Maybe one of these days I'll actually get a chance to check PT again.
These days I almost dread going back because I don't want to see
who might show up in the Pet Memorial section. :-(

Anyway, thanks again for the personal invite and hope y'all have great weather!

:-)
Debbie, Terry, CJ & Robin

So no, we didn't get to see 'em at Findlay this year. :(
Maybe next year ... they're such NICE Folks!

:)

Bengalz
05-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for posting Debbie's message Phred - I too have been wondering how things were faring with Debbie, Terry and the furkids and hope they are all well and happy.

Betty

catmandu
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
THANK YOU AS WELL PHRED.
I THINK OF THEM EVERY TIME I SEE TUBSTER PANTHER, EBONY TUBSTER AND TUBBY 2 ANGEL. WE HOPE THAT THEY ARE HAVING FUN :love::love:
ON THE ROAD AND ENJOY SEEING THE BEAUTY THAT IS AMERICA.:cool::cool:

Vermontcat
05-30-2008, 07:09 PM
I haven't heard from Debbie in a long time but I swear that Tubby stopped by to visit Samantha this winter.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets2/blackie.jpg

Phred, thanks for an update from Debbie.
Seeing what she said in her e-mail, does she know about Miss Hoppy?
I would think she would check in at Pet Talk to post in her memorial thread.

Do you know what area they are traveling in, still out west somewhere?
I still hope that they will travel out to the northeast corner of the US someday.

kuhio98
05-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Seems to me there was either a thread or a PM I received with an invite to join Debbie's blog. Did anyone join? I had the link at one time, but can't find it now.

Cinder & Smoke
05-30-2008, 07:28 PM
I haven't heard from Debbie in a long time ...

... does she know about Miss Hoppy?

Do you know what area they are traveling in, still out west somewhere?

The week before the Findlay Gathurin they were in Camp Hanson,
Mishicot, WI (Debbie Parents' place).

Debbie's Travel Blog, is titled "On The Road Again! ...
Tales from the road as Debbie & Terry enjoy retirement and travel the country in their RV."

The web address for the blog is >>>
http://ontheroadagainwithdandt.blogspot.com/ (http://ontheroadagainwithdandt.blogspot.com/)

As for knowing about Miss Hoppy's passing ... I can't say for sure.
I haven't had much luck e-mailing her at the only address I know.
She doesn't check it very often. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for asking about us everyone, and thanks for keeping them as informed as you could, Phred. I know I've been away for quite awhile now, and I haven't updated my blog in quite awhile now either, so here's an uppydate:

We are currently in Altoona, IA at Adventureland Campground. As those in the area know, Adventureland is an amusement park, similar to a Six Flags, but a bit smaller and family owned. After we left Camp Hanson we stopped here to visit some friends who are working at the amusement park. There is a huge contingent here of "workampers" - retired folk who work part-time in exchange for a few wages along with free camping - and our friends are one of them. After realizing we had no specific plans for travel this summer, and realizing we didn't want to spend near or over $5.00 a gallon for fuel as we travelled, we decided to hire on, so we are now working at Adventureland. Just part-time, Terry is operating rides and I'm working in the retail shops. It's fun, we've met a lot of great people and instead of spending a ton of money on fuel, we're earning a little and not spending much at all.

CJ and Robin are doing well. We have a nice big grassy area right in front of our campsite and Jackie just adores his daily outies. He can sit out there for hours, although we don't let him out there alone. Robin was not at all thrilled with any of the severe weather we had when we first got here (tornado warnings practically every night!), and I don't blame her!

So we are doing well. We are only working part-time, but it's 6 days a week (about 4-5 hours a day), and the retail department is short on people so I've been working a few double shifts. So between that and sitting outside with Jackie for hours on end, who has time to be on the computer? ;)

Which reminds me, I have to go. I've got swing shift today so I have to clock in at 11:40 am and I have a few errands to run before I do that. So, thanks for thinking of us. I'll try to stay in touch a little better. I do have a few new pics to post, and I see I still need to update my siggy and avatar. It's about time I give Robin the exposure she deserves! ;)

Cinder & Smoke
07-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Terry is operating rides and I'm working in the retail shops.
It's fun ... ;)

Wow!

Carney Workers! :D

You guys really should write a book!

Randi
07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi Debbie, good to hear from you! :) Glad all is going well, it sounds like the perfect place to be, and the jobs will keep you going for a while.

Give CJ and Robin some kisses! Looking forward to see some pictures.

(((hugs to you all)))

gini
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
It is so good to hear from both of you! I am sitting here and just plain envious - as I head out to work!

Continue to have a great and safe time - sounds like Jackie has it all nailed down!!:D

kuhio98
07-09-2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/vip/hostlist.htm Debbie & Terry ~ Keep us in mind next summer. I doubt if the wages will pay for the gas to get to Alaska, but..... As you can imagine, positions get filled rather quickly. If you work up at Denali, you have half a chance of seeing McKinley sometime that summer. If you work in the Chugach (Anchorage) area, you can jump in a car and run into the city for shopping and siteseeing.

Glad to see you're enjoying retirement.

catmandu
07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
MY TUBSTER PANTHER WATCHING EBONY TUBSTER DEVOURING HIS DINNER!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012398.jpg
MY SON, MY SON DONT BOLT YOUR FOOD.
BOTH OF MY ELEGANT EBONIES:cool: ARE NAMED IN TRIBUTE TO TUBBY:love:, A FINE COMPANION CAT:love:, AND A GUARDIAN ANGEL:love: TO BOTH OF MY BLACK CATS.

Medusa
07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi Debbie, good to read your post. I was glad to read that all is well and that you're enjoying life. Have fun!

Laura's Babies
07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
HI DEBBIE!! Nice to hear from you again and it is great to hear that ya'll are OK.. Everytime we go trhought Natchez, Mississippi and I see those RV parked there by the water, I think about you!

ramanth
07-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Glad you are all well!! Sounds like you're having a good time in IA. :D :love: Don't be strangers!

Catty1
07-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi, Debbie - glad you are having fun!

I am waiting to hear what happens when you visit the place where you got Robin - poor scared little girl hidden away in that man's house. I wonder if he will recognize her? ;)

Please stay in touch when you can!

krazyaboutkatz
07-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Hi Debbie.:) It's great to hear from you and I'm glad that everyone is doing well.:) I look forward to seeing some new pictures when you get the chance.;)

Barbara
07-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi Debbie, good to hear about your adventures. Hope to see the kitties soon- I miss all of you :)

jazzcat
07-10-2008, 11:08 AM
It's great to hear from you. Sounds like you guys are having some fun.

Thanks for the update!

Felicia's Mom
07-10-2008, 05:14 PM
It is good to hear from you Debbie!:)

Vermontcat
07-11-2008, 12:32 PM
It's so nice to hear from you, it sounds like you are having a fun summer!:)
If you ever head out this way you could always work at the Great Escape in Lake George, NY, it's less that two hours away from me and we took the kids there last week. Maybe you could even get a job dressing up as Tweety or Sylvester there!;)