PDA

View Full Version : Political correctness run amuck?

smokey the elder
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/29/news/companies/dunkin_donuts.ap/index.htm?cnn=yes

Apparently Rachael was wearing what looks to be a kaffiyeh. So what?:confused:

Edwina's Secretary
05-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Isn't that the silliest thing???? People need more to do with their time....

lvpets2002
05-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Isn't that the silliest thing???? People need more to do with their time....

:o Thank you && I totally agree.. Rachel Ray go buy another scarf with bright colors this time ok..:D

Lady's Human
05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Frankly, it's assinine on both sides. The chain shouldn't have pulled the ad, and the column was ridiculous.

lady_zana
05-29-2008, 03:28 PM
"Kaffiyehs are worn every day on the street by Palestinians and other people in the Middle East - by people going to work, going to school, taking care of their families, and just trying to keep warm. While some extremists and terrorists may wear kaffiyehs, "To reduce their meaning to support for terrorism has a tacit racist tone to it," Bishara said."

I agree with Bishara. Even if it *was* a kaffiyeh (which I don't believe it was), to say she was a terrorist or a racist just because of it would be stupid. Did everyone who wore Nikes think the Halle-Bopp comet was coming to take them away? Of course not. As Bishara said, many people wear the kaffiyeh - and while some of them are terrorists, most of them are NOT.

Had she been wearing something like the swatisza, that would be an obviously racist symbol. Her scarf is not.

pitc9
05-29-2008, 04:07 PM
:rolleyes:
Oh Gawd!!

jackie
05-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Here in Spain those scarves are super fashion-able and everyone is wearing them.

I guess I will head off to the training camp then. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-29-2008, 04:29 PM
This is about as silly as the time they said that one Tellietubby was gay because he was purple!!! :rolleyes:

critter crazy
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Just rediculous!:rolleyes:

lizbud
05-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Somebody needs to get a life.:rolleyes: This "story" is just dumb.:)
It's not like the news people are out of "real" news stories to talk about.

sparks19
05-29-2008, 06:01 PM
um....

it looks like a scarf to me.

I guess I am not on the up and up or down and down of fashion lol

lady_zana
05-29-2008, 07:30 PM
This is about as silly as the time they said that one Tellietubby was gay because he was purple!!! :rolleyes:

Don't forget he carried a purse too....or a 'magic bag' as they called it.:D

RICHARD
05-29-2008, 11:16 PM
RR is a terrorist. She terrorizes me at home when she pops up on my TV.

If you notice whenever she uses one of her made up words on her show people suffer.

Look in the newspaper tomorrow and see how many people are injured or die in your city-she was on television twice tonight-that means twice the destruction.

If you go online and look at the stuff she sells under her name you'll find at least one article that costs 9.99. If you turn that price upside down, it's 66.6.
The sign of the devil.

This woman is pure evil and needs to be stopped.

dukedogsmom
05-29-2008, 11:35 PM
I don't like her at all but this is beyond stupid! Way too much PC in the U.S. for me these days. Oh, guess it only happens to Rachel.
Michelle Malkin's pic with questionable scarf. (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/05/29/dunkin-donuts-caves-to-the-rights-fear-of-clothing-accessories/)
Meghan McCain's scarf photo (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/05/25/oh-noes-is-meghan-mccain-a-terrorist-sympathiser-too/)