PDA

View Full Version : Sign-in reset

smokey the elder
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Did you do something to the server? I had to re-log in for some reason. (My cookies, etc. have not changed.)

Karen
05-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Not today, we didn't do anything with the server today. Maybe something at your ISP was reset or something!

smokey the elder
05-29-2008, 02:59 PM
:pWho knows? Anyway, I obviously remembered my password.;):p

Karen
05-29-2008, 04:53 PM
:pWho knows? Anyway, I obviously remembered my password.;):p

Very good! We are proud of you!

Ginger's Mom
06-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Ever since Monday I have to log in every time I come back to Pet Talk on my home computer. My cookies are all enabled, and I haven't changed any settings at all. Also, I don't seem to be having the problem on any other sites. Any ideas?

ETA: I was just looking at a thread and it took longer than 15 minutes for the pictures to load (I am on dial-up) and when I went to post a reply I had to sign in again, and I had never left the page.

Karen
06-26-2008, 10:02 AM
When you sign in, do you check the box that is next to where you sign in that says "Remember me"?

Jessika
06-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Cookies don't last forever, they HAVE to expire eventually. Mine will keep me logged in for a few months or so before I have to log in again. Has nothing to do with the site, just how your browser handles cookies or when the expiration is set on the cookies themselves :)

Ginger's Mom
06-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your replies. I am on here so often I don't think my cookies will ever expire, lol. :) To be honest with you, Karen, I am not sure if I did check that box since this started on Monday or not. I don't know what happened and why/how I became logged out earlier in the week, but that may explain why it isn't staying logged in. I just cannot remember if I have checked that box or not this week. I will make a conscious effort to do that when I get home tonight.

Jessika
06-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Well see even if you visit the site every day, the cookies will still expire unless you log in/out. The cookie is set when you log in, not when you revisit :) They HAVE to expire eventually, it's a setting in every browser, for security reasons I assume.

Karen
06-26-2008, 11:25 PM
There is a setting for the Pet Talk cookie, if you just stay logged in and never log out, after a year, it will expire. But when you then log in again, check the "remember me" box and you are good for another year.

Ginger's Mom
06-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Well, it is working fine now. I must not have been checking the box. Thank you, ladies.

smokey the elder
06-30-2008, 03:34 PM
It was probably that, then.