PDA

View Full Version : Warm wishes for an easy move for MoosMom

AmberLee
08-28-2002, 08:30 PM
Dear Donna,

I don't envy you the hassles of the next few days, but do hope that your move goes smoothly and your fur-babies travel well :rolleyes: (lottsa prayers on this one! :p) and that you easily establish your new home in Michigan. Warm wishes, good thoughts at ya and lots of prayers coming your way. I'm so pleased that you will be adopting Puddy soon after you settle, too.

{{{Donna, MooShue and the rest of the fur-babies}}}

When do you leave -- is it this weekend?

AmberLee and Cassy >^._.^< and Livvy >^._.^<

P.S. Livvy recommends yodelling throughout the car ride to keep up your fur-kids spirits. (She practices this faithful on our car rides, darn it. Hope your kids aren't reading this along with you.) ;) Cassy swears by drive-in bacon breaks. This should be easier on your nerves if you're like me. :D

zippy-kat
08-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Here! here!

Hope your journey and transition is a smooth one! (I also sneakily hope that your telephone/computer/internet is the first thing you set up! ;) )

Are the cats riding in the back seat? Hmmm...hope the they don't eat bacon while they yodel, you might end up with bacon/cat- spittle on the back of your head! :)

Aspen and Misty
08-28-2002, 11:54 PM
Same here! We will be praying for the kitties and for you! I hope all goes well!

AmberLee
08-29-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
...hope the they don't eat bacon while they yodel, you might end up with bacon/cat- spittle on the back of your head! ...

:o Hee, hee, hee. What a mental picture! Livvy yodels. Cassy phlegmatically eats his bacon and hers, too. Both seem okay with this division of 'labor'. :rolleyes: (I HAD hoped she'd pipe down and eat, but noooooo. :D)

Once again I hope Donna's darlings aren't taking notes for the trip! Lots of luck, really, Donna!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-29-2002, 11:36 AM
Good wishes from here too, Donna! I don't envy you at all, but it shouldn't be too bad of a trip. And remember to check in when you get there so we know you made it safe and sound!

Tubby is the yodeler in my camp. Although I don't know if I'd really consider it yodeling. :rolleyes: When I moved the snots from WI to Chicago (3 hour trip) I was worried how they would take it, so I got some sedatives from the vet. Evidently the dose wasn't enough to knock Tubby out, so he stumbled around the car and complained the entire 3 hours!!! Had I known it wasn't going to knock him out I would have never given it to him. I felt so sorry for him. He normally wanders around the car meowing whenever he's in the car, but this was so much worse because he couldn't keep his balance or anything. Poor Tubby. But he recovered well and still wanders the car meowing whenever he's in the car. He likes to stand on the arm rests and look out the windows whenever I stop. He's such an adventurer. :D

Anyway, good luck Donna!

NoahsMommy
08-29-2002, 01:03 PM
Yes, please have a safe trip! I am looking forward to hearing how well it went. :)

lovemymaltese
08-29-2002, 01:22 PM
Have a safe trip.

moosmom
08-30-2002, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone! 4 of my 6 cats are used to long trips in the car, as I used to travel with them to cat shows. I think that if everyone sleeps, there won't be much of a problem :rolleyes: . We're staying over at a hotel tomorrow night so that should break up the monotony.

I'll sign on the minute I get my computer hooked up and running!

TTFN ((hugs))

tatsxxx11
08-30-2002, 06:00 PM
A safe and speedy trip to you and the kitties!!:) Can't wait to hear you're all settled in and the puter is up and running!!:D

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2002, 07:37 PM
Have a safe trip and good luck in your new home. I hope we hear from you soon. :)

gini
08-31-2002, 11:19 PM
Have a very safe trip and we want to know all about your adventures once you arrive.

You can save stories for later, but just let us know that you arrived safely!

sujei
09-01-2002, 12:39 AM
[i][ I'm so pleased that you will be adopting Puddy soon after you settle, too. /B]

Ooh wow. i had no idea u were takin puddy. Im glad to hear a happy ending to her sad tail. ur a special person to take in that kitty. in fact every pet talker is. I hereby demand that every pet talker give themselves a pat on the back ( i know its a bit cliche so sue me :p ) . see everyone around soon;) :D

lynnestankard
09-01-2002, 08:23 AM
Donna - keeping you in my thoughts - and hoping everything is going well for you - and the furkids.
Moving is so traumatic isn't it?

love n' {{{{hugs}}}}
Lynne

Randi
09-01-2002, 08:54 AM
Hope you and your furkids have a safe trip! Get your machine up and running - and you'll feel at home immediately! :D