PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Rant...

moosmom
05-29-2008, 09:13 AM
There was a bill presented to Governor Rell to increase the minimum wage from $7.65 to $8.00. What does she do??? She VETOES it!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I mean, why SHOULD she raise the minimum wage??? She doesn't have to worry where her next meal will come from (or IF it will come), or how she's going to fill her gas tank at $4.29/gallon. It wouldn't affect her in the least. Yet the State of Connecticut is sitting on a $3.2 BILLION "rainy day fund".

Heelllloooooo????? It's EFFIN POURING in Connecticut. :mad::mad::mad: Do something!!!!!

Rell was appointed Governor after the crook Governor John Rowland resigned as Governor for getting personal perks at the state's expense. You cannot tell me she didn't know what was going on at the time.

I used to like Jodie Rell. But she's shown her true colors with this minimum wage veto. She should look outside the box and walk in OUR shoes for one month. Then maybe she'll see the REAL picture.

Remind me again why I moved back to CT, the "taxed to death state"????

davidpizzica
05-29-2008, 10:20 AM
There was a bill presented to Governor Rell to increase the minimum wage from $7.65 to $8.00. What does she do??? She VETOES it!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I mean, why SHOULD she raise the minimum wage??? She doesn't have to worry where her next meal will come from (or IF it will come), or how she's going to fill her gas tank at $4.29/gallon. It wouldn't affect her in the least. Yet the State of Connecticut is sitting on a $3.2 BILLION "rainy day fund".

Heelllloooooo????? It's EFFIN POURING in Connecticut. :mad::mad::mad: Do something!!!!!

Rell was appointed Governor after the crook Governor John Rowland resigned as Governor for getting personal perks at the state's expense. You cannot tell me she didn't know what was going on at the time.

I used to like Jodie Rell. But she's shown her true colors with this minimum wage veto. She should look outside the box and walk in OUR shoes for one month. Then maybe she'll see the REAL picture.

Remind me again why I moved back to CT, the "taxed to death state"????

Donna, would she be related to the crook we have as governor, namely Mr. Rendell?? I always thought Pa was "the land of taxes!" Both states want to tax the poor people (namely US!) to death and give breaks to the rich.

Denyce
05-29-2008, 03:31 PM
I too hate the taxes in PA.

However, what about the small business owner that can't afford the increase in wages every time the minimum wage goes up. What choice does he/she have? How many people have had hours cut or lost jobs because of the increases in the minimum wage? I happen to know quite a few. This has happened both in small businesses and in the large chains. Employees are being forced to do the same amount of work with less hours because the budgets can't handle the increase in wages. So overall the employees are making less. Gee. That works doesn't it. :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
05-29-2008, 03:36 PM
:o Well I guess we know who you all WON'T be Voting for next time..