PDA

View Full Version : Anybody With Mice Issues?

elizabethann
05-29-2008, 08:46 AM
I've had mice issues in my apartment in the past but when Cosmo & Maxie were alive, they took care of the situation. JoJo Louise is like Mother Theresa, she wouldn't hurt a fly.

That being said, my apartment is infested with mice! I bought 2 kill traps last night and in 1 hour, 2 mice were dead.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone on PT who had mice issues and used kill traps? How long did it take to kill all the mice? I have a co-worker who used the same kill traps and he said it took 2 nights to kill all the mice but he used more than 2 traps.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

MoonandBean
05-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Waaaa....I hate kill traps. They sell "have a heart" traps at Agway. It's just like the ones used to trap and relocate bigger critters. It's a cage with a hole in it...you put food inside and when they step inside they set of a trigger which turns a wheel and they end up in the back part of the cage. Then you can open the back door and let them out. You can catch up to 12 mice in a night, I think (the spring will keep working up to 12 times without having to be reset). Let me know if you end up getting one :)

Freedom
05-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Have you notified the landlord? It is their responsibility to take care of this!

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes, I agree. You should notify your landlord about this. I had mice a long time ago before I had any cats. I used a few traps but then I decided to use the poison pellets and it worked out great. Good luck.:)

Husky_mom
05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
once one tiny lil mouse got tomy parents house...and made a home inside a wall in the laudry room... my dad put out some traps... some gel kind of traps (like fly traps).... it took a while but there were 27 of them!!!....

I hope you solve it out before they outnumber you......

itīs sad to use kill traps, but sometimes you canīt get anything else....for instance here... itīs either kill traps, gel or poison.....

pitc9
05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
I agree! Your landlord needs to help you with this!!!

Maybe adopt another cat! ;)

elizabethann
05-29-2008, 12:39 PM
it took a while but there were 27 of them!!!....

O................M................G.

I've told my landlord and she says "get a cat". I tell her I have a cat, but she's like Mother Theresa and she laughs and says "you can borrow mine". She is an absentee landlord and lives 50+ miles away.

I've thought about getting 2 kittens and I put an ad on Craigslists the other night. But the mice have been near my desk and I've been so afraid to go to my computer to see if anybody responded to my ad (I'm at work right now).

I'm so scared to go home tonight. I can't deal with them anymore. I'd like to know why the mice are inside. It's almost June. You'd think they'd be living outside. Get the h-e-l-l out of my apartment you ugly critters! Ugh.

Husky_mom
05-29-2008, 12:47 PM
do you have a flute??....

sorry..... couldnīt help myself..... Iīm not one who gets scared by mice... but I understand your frustration into getting the lil invaders out ASAP....

elizabethann
05-29-2008, 12:50 PM
do you have a flute??....

sorry..... couldnīt help myself..... Iīm not one who gets scared by mice... but I understand your frustration into getting the lil invaders out ASAP....

LOL. Actually I used to be a flute player many moons ago. Maybe they remember me from the old days. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
I've told my landlord and she says "get a cat".

I had that very same landlord...only it was a he. I had so many mice. :eek::eek:

It pushed me into buying my first townhouse. If I am gong to share my house with mice...at least they would be MY mice!

MoonandBean
05-29-2008, 01:03 PM
[quote]I've told my landlord and she says "get a cat". [QUOTE]

It pushed me into buying my first townhouse. If I am gong to share my house with mice...at least they would be MY mice!

LOL!!!!!!!!

Moesha
05-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes, I agree. You should notify your landlord about this. I had mice a long time ago before I had any cats. I used a few traps but then I decided to use the poison pellets and it worked out great. Good luck.:)

I'd be scared to use poison pellets having pets around also. What if the kitty got into the pellets, or if the kitty got into the mouse after the mouse ate the pellets?

critters
05-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I'd be scared to use poison pellets having pets around also. What if the kitty got into the pellets, or if the kitty got into the mouse after the mouse ate the pellets?
I'm with you, Moesha!!! I think I'd have to go with a release-trap; TNR for rodents, anybody??!!! :D:D

With that said, a rodent would just look at this herd and keel over dead, so no worries here!

Emeraldgreen
05-29-2008, 05:47 PM
We have the odd mouse that gets in our house and a few of our cats are real mousers so they catch them. I feel bad for the mice but I also feel very uncomfortable having them in our house. Kittens might be the way to go. I could never use poisons or traps, it seems so cruel to me. But I tend to get mushy about ridiculous things. LOL
I've also seen an ad a couple of times on tv recently for a product called RIDDEX and it is a device that you just plug into your outlet and it apparently sends electrical impulses through the wiring of your house that drives mice and roaches out. Right now they are offering two plug in things for 29.95 I think. My only thought with this is that animals are sensitive and this is why it must work but then it would seem to me that a cat could also be irritated by the electrical pulses? :confused: Anyway, you might want to Google it.

I like the idea of a heart trap. You'd have to release them somewhere away from your building or they'll just find their way back.

elizabethann
05-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I have those electric impulse instruments all over my apartment and they don't work. They were a waste of money.

I would never use poison. Though my stupid neighbor downstairs does (and she has a cat). When you look in the dictionary under stupid, her picture is there.

I bought some no-touch mouse traps last night but I don't think I caught anything. And I didn't see anything or hear anything last night (no critters). Maybe they packed their bags and left? I don't know. But I was finally able to get some sleep last night.

Thanks for the input everybody.

Daisy and Delilah
05-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Beth, you have my sympathy. I haven't seen a mouse in the house since I lived in Virginia, 30 years ago. Last night, I could swear I heard a mouse in my bedroom behind some of my fabric storage bins. I was so scared, I was awake all night. I have to get offline now so I can go pull everything into the center of the room and investigate. I have to sleep tonight. Yikes!!:eek: