PDA

View Full Version : Candy (Dixieland Dancer) needs our prayers

tatsxxx11
08-28-2002, 05:50 PM
Hi Candy. Just wanted you to know that my family will be thinking of you and yours tomorrow. We know your husband is having surgery in the morning. The Prayer Pawtrol is out in full force asking God to bring your hubby through his surgery with flying colors and grant you all comfort, strength and support. Love to you and your family from Sandra and family. Please check in when you can! {{{HUGS}}}

jackiesdaisy1935
08-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Dixie, I didn't know that your husband was going into surgery tomorrow but you can count on prayers and positive thoughts coming his way from all of us.
We will keep you in our thoughts throughout the day and we send you and your family our love and best wishes, and to your husband a speedy recovery.
Jackie, Don, Miss Daisy and Perry

Sudilar
08-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Just want you and your husband to know that I will be praying especially hard for you two tomorrow. I pray that all will go smoothly and recovery will be quick!!

Dixieland Dancer
08-28-2002, 06:06 PM
Thank you for your prayers. My hubby is going in for a total hip replacement. He suffers from osteo arthritis and it has eaten away at the hip joint. He is only 48 years old and is suffering with this debilitating arthritis in several of his joint. The hip is just the worst right now so I appreciate your prayers. I will post and give an update when I can.

Thanks again! ;)

sasvermont
08-28-2002, 06:30 PM
And she is now in the recovery stage. She is so happy she had the operation. She finally has that smile back - she was suffering so, with pain from the bad hip joint - osteo arthritis too.

Anyway Dixie - it seems that the proceedure is quite routine now and that the recovery period is easy although a tad long. My neighbor was up and walking around in one week. After three weeks she is walking with a cane and happy as a clam.

Keep us posted on your hubby's progress.

Prayers coming your way.;)

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Candy, I too didn't know your husband was going to be having surgery. He will be in my thoughts. I hope it all goes well.

He does seem awefully young for a hip replacement. But being younger can be to his advantage.

Please let us know how he is doing.

Cinder & Smoke
08-28-2002, 08:01 PM
Hi, God ~
Cinder & Smokey, onna Prayer Line...

Need anudder Favur, God...

Our Budz, Dixie an Dusty, need sum Help fur their Dad - Mistur Candy.
He'z gettin a new hippy-joint put in tumorrow atta Hoomin White Coat Lab.

Wuld Ya mind lookin aftur him whilst the Sir Jury Guyz are werkin on him? Kinda help em to do a gud job; then help him to get walkin rite awayz so he kan enjoy playin wiffa Dawgz agin.

Weed reelee preciate Your Help!

Thankz, God!

AmberLee
08-28-2002, 08:07 PM
{{{Candy and hubby}}},

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Do keep us posted on his progress. Thanks!

AdoreMyDogs
08-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Candy and hubby, I am so sorry that you have to go through this, but I think with him being so young, it will increase his recovery rate.

Best of luck. I'll be thinking of you and sending you love and positive energy.

zippy-kat
08-28-2002, 08:41 PM
GOOD LUCK!
We'll be thinkin' of ya.

And Candy.... if he needs more motivation to get up 'n about 'n out of the house....I have a sister who is learning to play the flute.... That's enough to get EVERYONE out of the house! :p

kohala
08-28-2002, 09:03 PM
Our prayers are coming your way - Fortunately the good news is that this is now a very highly refined and successful surgery, and we look forward to hearing good news - I'll be checking here tomorrow!! Tell him to rest easy and trust in God and His hands here on earth - those wonderful people we call surgeons!

Aspen and Misty
08-28-2002, 09:21 PM
O I am praying for your Husband. Everything will be ok!

anna_66
08-28-2002, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your husband Candy, this must be very hard on the both of you. Take care and post when you can. You will both be in our thoughts and prayers.
Anna

wolf_Q
08-29-2002, 12:12 AM
I didn't know about the surgery either. I wish you both luck, healing, and peace of mind. Please let us know how it goes!

sammi
08-29-2002, 12:34 AM
I didn't realize he was having surgery. Prayers and positive thoughts are sent your way.

gini
08-29-2002, 12:37 AM
Candy, you will continue to have my prayers for your husband.

After Cinder and Smoke open up the line you just know

IT IS DIRECT!

Hugs from Gini and Rascal

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-29-2002, 01:04 AM
Yes prayers are on the way. I am sure everything will go perfectly fine. Seems like SaS's friend is sending good vibes with her recovery story. Keep us posted.

Former User
08-29-2002, 01:57 AM
Your husband and you are in our thoughts. We hope the surgery will go fine and that the recovery is speedy.

Rachel
08-29-2002, 04:56 AM
I have three cousins who have had this operation (one twice) and an aunt. All went well with them as I hope it does with your husband. But going through any surgery is stressful. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

C.C.'s Mom
08-29-2002, 05:08 AM
He's in our thoughts, Candy. Hope he'll recover quickly.

Logan
08-29-2002, 07:04 AM
Best of luck today. I hope all goes well, and I will be remembering both of you in my prayers. :)

Sudilar
08-29-2002, 08:34 AM
Thinking of you and your husband today, Candy. Prayers being said. I hope all goes well and recovery is speedy!

Stenograsaurus
08-29-2002, 09:41 AM
Prayers are being sent your way!!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-29-2002, 10:41 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry, Candy! I will keep you, and your husband, in my thoughts, and prayers.:) ;)

pupper-lover
08-29-2002, 10:51 AM
Hope all goes well!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-29-2002, 11:42 AM
Prayers on the way from me too!! Please keep us posted when you can.

zippy-kat
08-29-2002, 12:12 PM
~Good Luck~

warmest wishes being sent your way!

Albea
08-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Best wishes for a successful surgery and a very quick recovery from a fellow osteoarthritis sufferer. Prayers and positive thought on their way.

ChrisH
08-29-2002, 01:23 PM
Prayers said, positive thoughts sent, for both surgery success and a speedy recovery.

trisha0503
08-29-2002, 02:14 PM
Hi Candy,

You and your husband will be in our prayers...

God bless.....

P.S.

Missy wants to say HI to Dixie and Dusty... Wooofff!!

NoahsMommy
08-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Saying lots of prayers over here for a successful surgery and a great recovery.

My boss (60) had this surgery last August and he is doing GREAT! He is out running around faster then me!!! (I'm 23!) They key is to get up right away and do the physical therapy as prescribed. He still goes the gym a few days a week and is in a spinning class once a week!

You hubby will do great!

God Bless.

slleipnir
08-29-2002, 04:13 PM
I didn't know about it either, but I hope it all goes well, and he'll be in our prayers. Keep up updated :D

lovemymaltese
08-29-2002, 04:14 PM
prayers are on the way, I hope all is well.

KYS
08-29-2002, 07:48 PM
I just happened to take a peak at Other- general
and I read Sandra's post.

Candy, I will be thinking of you and your husband
that he has a safe and succesful surgery tomarrow.

Many prayers being sent your way.

karen

Dixieland Dancer
08-29-2002, 09:14 PM
Thanks everyone for the special prayers and thoughts that you offered for my husband and me. I am amazed at how flawless this operation went. He elected to have a spinal instead of being knocked completely out with anethesia and it was like night and day in how fast he came out of recovery!

He is going to be in therapy tomorrow morning and will be home as soon as he can walk up stairs (approximately 5 - 7 days).

Tonya, your offer to have your sister play the flute had me laughing. My son is a second year saxophone player so we know all about the wanting to get out of the house to preserve our ears!!! I am more sympathetic than my husband John is though since I am a clarinet player and was once in the same position. :rolleyes:

Cinder and Smoke.... I think you two really do have the direct line straight to the Big Guy upstairs. I know when I read your prayers I want to answer so I'm sure he does! And I can't wait to tell Dixie and Dusty's Dad that his nickname is Mistur Candy!!! LOL :D :D I just love you two and your stories and especially your prayers!!! :) :D ;) :) :D

Sudilar
08-29-2002, 09:29 PM
Candy, glad to hear that the surgery went so well! With all these prayers, how could it not? ;) I'll be thinking of you two and praying for a speedy recovery!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-29-2002, 10:20 PM
I am so glad that the surgery went well! Your news was much better than I expected! Will be praying for a speedy recovery!:D

Logan
08-29-2002, 10:29 PM
Well, I will swear I responded earlier, but I'll be darned if I can see that response now!!! You know that you and John are in our prayers. So glad to hear that everything went so well, Candy!!! :)

I obviously need to go to bed!! LOL!!! I just saw that my response to this post was at 8:04 this morning!!!! LOL!!! Well, I was thinking about you all!!!! :o

shais_mom
08-29-2002, 11:49 PM
I am so glad that everything went well..
Here's to a speedy recovery!

zippy-kat
08-30-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
I am a clarinet player

Me too!!

Glad everything went smoothly!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

lynnestankard
08-30-2002, 05:47 AM
Candy I'm so relieved that John's 'Sir Jury' went so well. What a relief eh? Keeping you both in my thoughts - good luck.:)

Lynne

Ann
08-30-2002, 07:29 AM
Glad to hear everything went well. I'll keep my thumbs crossed for a speedy recovery

anna_66
08-30-2002, 09:37 AM
Good to hear everything went so well, I hope he recovers as quickly as he did from the spinal! We'll be thinking of you!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-30-2002, 10:12 AM
Candy, so glad to hear that your husband is on his way to recovery. I hope his therapy goes well too.

ChrisH
08-30-2002, 01:03 PM
So pleased to read that your husbands surgery went so well:D
Heres to a speedy recovery and return home.

Albea
08-30-2002, 02:25 PM
Great news about your husband Candy! Many good wishes for a quick recovery. Dixie and Dusty will take very good care of him when he's back home.;)

tatsxxx11
08-30-2002, 03:28 PM
I'm thrilled that the surgery went so well, Candy! I'll be praying for a quick recovery!!:)

Cincy'sMom
08-30-2002, 03:51 PM
Great news! Hope your husband recovers quickly!

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2002, 09:28 PM
I'm so glad to hear that your husbands surgery went well. I'll be praying for him for a quick recovery. :)

sammi
09-02-2002, 04:56 AM
Happy to hear that everything went well.;)

Randi
09-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Sorry I missed this earlier! We'll keep all paws and fingers crossed here for a speedy revovery and no pain! :D