PDA

View Full Version : LITTLE BEAR & lUCKY UPDATE

GILL
05-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Little Bear our CH newest has been the best MOM to Lucky. We have had LB on kitten food for the last 3 weeks. She has been feeding Lucky but has still managed to gain some weight; her coat is nice soft and shinny.
Lucky has been getting formula twice a day, besides LB. He is up to 267 grams. A little small for 4 weeks old, but very active and alert.
Last night we had a surprise. LB carried Lucky out of the nest, so he could walk around the room. LB found a very small moth and was trying too teach Lucky how to hunt. LB chortles to Lucky all the time to keep him in line. If you ask LB where her baby is she will chortle and go to Lucky.
So it seems that these two are doing well.
LB has also become good friends with Boots. It’s cute too see them sitting side-by-side at the sliding door to the deck watching the squirrels.

Scooter's Mom
05-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Awww, that's so precious! It sounds like LB is an angel kitty.
I'm so glad she is safe and at home with you, Gill.

Freedom
05-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Now THAT update brought a smile to my face!! Aw, how sweet. Glad everyone has settled in so well. LB is a darling to care for Lucky this way. Thanks so much, Gill, for taking them in and continuing to share them with us!

Anikaca77
05-28-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm so glad to hear that these two are so much in love.

It's just great!

Thanks for the update.

phesina
05-28-2008, 06:03 PM
What a great report!

Thank you!

Moesha
05-28-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm so glad that you were able to take both of them. What a heartwarming story.

Catty1
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
GILL, how wonderful that LB thinks Lucky is HER baby! :D

Now, I know you have a real houseful...but when your time and a camera permits.....*hint* ;)

cristy
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
pictures, pictures, pictures....please! It is so incredible to think of LB "teaching" Lucky things. I was so afraid for her for so long...and now, she sounds so happy! :) :) :)

How is she doing with the walking/falling and the messy litter box??

Medusa
06-04-2008, 07:47 AM
What wonderful news! Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to see pix. :)

GILL
06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
The latest is that Lucky has been eating a little dry food and has taken several baths in the water dish (dog food bowl). Last night I watched as Lucky tried to give himself a bath, couldn't get the balance right. LB finally came to the rescue and helped with the bath. We have been checking Luckys weight every night, as of last night he was at 385 grams about 13.5 oz.

Catty1
06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Up from 267 grams! Wonderful!

It sounds like LB is a great 'mom' right now...but she may become a very valuable companion to Lucky!

I know he has problems getting around, but is he generally playful? Noisy?

CUTE - and beautiful momcat!