PDA

View Full Version : Missing..

Presley
08-28-2002, 02:39 PM
I feel Ill... Since Sunday 2 hikers in their early 20's have been missing on a local mountain. They are summer students up here from Vancouver who are up here working at a big company in the town where i live and don't know this area well at all.. Since sunday it has been pooring rain out. I pray they are ok.. We were going to plan a horseback search but the RCMP says it is too rough ground for the horses. They are looking for people to drive through the valley and we are on the list! I wish i could walk for hours and hours i would be out there now!
We have been talking for a long time about setting up a horseback search and rescue and i think this has got us set on the idea now.. I am also thinking of doing tracking work with Presley.. She would be great with it as we already do some and she is good so far.. I want to help and find these poor people... My mom is taking it hard as she worked with the girl who is missing.

Mount Elizabeth in Kitimat B.C Canada
http://dogjunction.com/pics/gallery/7507.jpg

lovemymaltese
08-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Oh my, what terrible news. I will pray for their safe return backinto civilization.

Dixieland Dancer
08-28-2002, 03:38 PM
This is the kind of work that Aunt Jazz (Rainbow Bridge) excelled at. I am sure Presley would be great if you train her. Aunt Jazz specialized in finding tracks that were older and had been rained over. I hope they find them alive.

Fuzzy317
08-28-2002, 06:19 PM
I hope they are found okay, a little wet perhaps, but well. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-28-2002, 07:32 PM
That is horrible! I am very sensitive to new like that since my husband and I are avid hikers and spend lots of time on the Applachian Trail.

I hope the hikers are found. Perhaps this can be a SAR story.

They will be in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

lovemymaltese
08-29-2002, 01:28 PM
Is there any news today on the lost hikers?

sammi
08-29-2002, 11:53 PM
Praying that the hikers will be found alive and well soon.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-30-2002, 06:04 AM
Still nothing, huh? I tried searching for it in some Candaian newspapers, but can up with nothing.