PDA

View Full Version : Let Them Eat Cake!

RICHARD
05-27-2008, 02:39 AM
The Edster amazes me all the time.

Growing up this boy would never, ever eat anything but dried cat food.

He's grown into wet food and different brands!

He's a Meow Mix fan and does the cheap brands, he loves the gravy from the wet food-He'll slurp down the sauce and leave the bits of meat alone. When I go back to toss what he leaves behind, it's gone! Some how it disappears before the ants come marching in!;)

Lately he's taken a more-than-passing-fancy with the plates that I serve myself. The usual protocol is climb unto a perch near the plate. He then sticks a nose nearby, sniffs, turns his head and s-l-o-wl-y moves away from the table.

With my cake baking urges coming to an end with the warmer weather, the new act goes like this.

Dinner, if it includes any kind of potato/corn/cheese flavored chip he's there.

Cake for dessert?

HE IS ALL OVER IT.

I made a while cake (out of a box-nothing fancy) and he attacked the crumbs left on the plate. Ed has feasted on corn bread and other sweet treats-a small nibble or two-last night he had about 1/2 of a teaspoon of crumbs....

I turned around and there he was, chowing down from the extras, he usually waits for a treat, served from the palm of my hand or put on a napkin on the floor. This time he didn't wait for me!

Anyway, he amazed me again today by eating BBQ pork!

If he keep this up, he'll be eating steak and cake.

Me?

I have coupons for cheap cat food!:eek::rolleyes:;)

catmandu
05-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Thats Funny Richard.
Actually Our Vets Are Now Saying That Human Food Can Be A Lot Better For Our Cats, Especially After All Those Poor Pets Died Last Year Because Of The Tainted Pet Food.
The Food Cats Eat A Premium Dry And Canned Food Along With Some Tasy Tidbits From Thier Aunt Janice, And What Thier Cute :d:d:d dad Cooks.

catmandu
05-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Thats Funny Richard.
Actually Our Vets Are Now Saying That Human Food Can Be A Lot Better For Our Cats, Especially After All Those Poor Pets Died Last Year Because Of The Tainted Pet Food.
The Food Cats Eat A Premium Dry And Canned Food Along With Some Tasy Tidbits From Thier Aunt Janice, And What Thier Cute :dad Cooks.

TopCat3
05-27-2008, 10:08 AM
My Cleo loved oven chips - used to hook them off my plate with her paw. I used to have to cut one or two up into small pieces and feed them to her as I ate or she was stretched up to the table pawing like crazy.

How I miss her :(

I haven't been able to bring myself to eat oven chips since she went 4 weeks ago.:love:

RICHARD
05-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I haven't been able to bring myself to eat oven chips since she went 4 weeks ago.:love:

One of these days, get a quiet hour of two, make a batch and have a good cry.

Sometimes that helps.:(

Cinder & Smoke
05-27-2008, 11:10 PM
The Edster amazes me all the time.

Cake for dessert?

HE IS ALL OVER IT.

Boots da Kat always enjoyed Ice Creme with his cake!

;)