PDA

View Full Version : Huney's 1st day of obedience training!

anna_66
08-28-2002, 01:32 PM
Well, what can I say.....she did awesome! What else did I expcet out of such a wonderful dog?! I hadn't really worked with her too much, I wasn't sure who would be our teacher for this class, and I wanted to be at the same level with everyone else. We have been to quite a few other classes with Roxey, but with a different teacher, and of course they all do things different:) and her teaching methods are quite diffent that the others, but that's ok, we'll adapt!
At first she was scared of all the noise inside the building (about 3 GSD's were barking quite loudly!), but after about 1/2 hour (we went early) she was warming up to the other dogs. Now...the people was what she wasn't sure about, but she really liked the dogs!
By the time we were ready to leave, she actually let some people pet her without pulling away!!! I'm so excited and proud of my little girl!
Of course some of the people there were like "just make sure you watch her for fear biting". I tried to tell them that she don't bite when she's scared, she just rolls over on her back in a submissive manner, but of course....she's a chow, and that's all that's stuck in their minds. Oh well, we'll prove them all wrong, they'll see what a great dog chows can be, expecially mine!!
Just wanted to share my happiness!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Congrats Huney and Anna!
So glad that Huney did so well and was such a sweet lil girl! I know you were very proud of her. I am sure she is going to do just GREAT!

sisterdog
08-28-2002, 02:33 PM
Woohoo! Congratulations, Huney and Anna. Sounds like she's going to be a star pupil!

lovemymaltese
08-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Way to go Huney, glad to hear that it was such a success.

Dixieland Dancer
08-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Congratulations on having a star pupil! I'm sure she will shine!!! :D :D

Aspen and Misty
08-28-2002, 03:42 PM
O how exiting! I don't think that anyone should be afreid of a certain breed unless something awfull has happned with that certain breed! Chows can be nice dogs! And we all love Hunny! I am so proud of her! I bet she was great!

Cincy'sMom
08-28-2002, 03:58 PM
Glad to hear thing went well with Huney! Classes like that are great to socialize the dogs with each other and with people. Maybe since she is getting used to other dogs she couls come to the dog park too. (cost is the same for up to 3 dogs)

KYS
08-29-2002, 12:09 AM
A job well done. :)
Woo Woo Woo to Huney and Anna!

wolf_Q
08-29-2002, 12:44 AM
Go Huney! That's great that she's doing so well! I just wish I could say the same for Nebo and his classes! lol

anna_66
08-29-2002, 06:58 AM
I'm sure you will soon enough! Just keep thinking "He's just a puppy, he's just a puppy"! That's what I did with Roxey, but now that's she all grown up, I miss that puppy!!!! So enjoy it, cause believe it or not you WILL miss it;)

turner
08-29-2002, 08:45 AM
Congrats to Anna & Huney!!

Looks like you will have a SUPER STAR on your hands!!

Keep up the good work Huney!;)

lovemymaltese
08-29-2002, 01:52 PM
How has the rest of Huney's training been? Any improvements? I would like for my roommate to take her basset hound puppy to those classes.

anna_66
08-29-2002, 04:42 PM
Well, she seems to be getting better at letting you touch her with your foot, I actually petted her belly the other night & she knew it was my foot and didn't offer to move, what a breakthrough!
But as far as brushing her tail...that's still a no go!
And she warmed up to the people at school on Tuesday and let a couple pet her without shying away!

tatsxxx11
08-29-2002, 05:30 PM
Yay, Anna and Huney!! What a team!!:) We're so proud of you Huney girl! Got get em!

lovemymaltese
08-30-2002, 12:28 PM
That's wonderful news, way to go Huney!