PDA

View Full Version : Growing up bipolar

critters
05-25-2008, 06:30 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/137517

Daisy and Delilah
05-25-2008, 12:30 PM
This story is unbelievable. The parents have more patience than most people I've ever heard of. What a great fear it must be for all involved to wonder what Max will do when he gets older. I can't imagine what it would be like to live like Max does. It has to be nothing but miserable.

I can't help but wonder how this happens. How does it show up in the genes? I feel so fortunate that I have two wonderfully normal children. Bless Max and his family:(

Taz_Zoee
05-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow! This story make me think of some of the children I've worked with over the years. I wonder how many of them actually had bipolar disorder instead of what they were diagnosed (or not) with.
I hope Max will live a long life and they can eventually get this under control.

Freedom
05-25-2008, 05:25 PM
It is overwhelming to think of what those parents are coping with. Their lives change more dramatically than most, with the arrival of their first child. They are now on a first name basis with a large number of doctors and other medical personnel. It sounds like the mom nas given up her job, and it says the father had to change jobs, all to help cope with this devastating illness.

And for Max, he is tossed on a sea of emotions, without the adult level of understanding which 'may' be possible. (I know many adults never understand their emotions either, but they still understand more than they did as a child.) He is also getting an education in the medical arena which is usually reserved for people working and studying in a specialized field.

I do hope and pray that Max can find stability in his life. With his back ground, he could go on to do something very dramatic and inventive, astounding in the arts or medical fields. If only . . . if only, stability can find its way in to his life.