PDA

View Full Version : On kittens, house plants, and vacuums

Freedom
05-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I currently have 3 under a year, and another one just 18 months. These 4 are quite good at initiating disasters.

Their latest adventure has been to dump ALL the house plant pots, empty the pots of ALL dirt, and drag the plants through out the house, decorating as they go. :rolleyes:

I figured the easiest, quickest way to clean up the mess was with the vacuum. :eek::eek:

We now have all the house windows open, and will likely be coughing all night long.

Don Juan's mom
05-24-2008, 09:18 PM
We want pictures! We want pictures!

Liz

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2008, 11:37 PM
What a mess!!!:eek: It sounds like you're living with toddlers. I haven't been able to have real or fake plants in my house or even on my balcony for years. I'd like to see some pictures of this disaster too.;)

Killearn Kitties
05-25-2008, 03:44 AM
:eek: Wee devils! Sounds like they had a lot of fun. :D

Did you think to take pictures????

Medusa
05-25-2008, 06:38 AM
Yep, that sounds like my house. I gave up on house plants years ago. I don't like to take care of them anyhow, so no biggie. I'm just picturing the catastrophe in your house and chuckling. :p

Freedom
05-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Sorry, no photos.

Now I know why you NEVER use the vacuum to pick up dirt. :eek: Only a broom and dust pan. Live and learn!

catmandu
05-25-2008, 03:49 PM
ACTUALLY THE FOUND CATS ALL THINK THAT THERE WAS A SECRET EARTHQUAKE IN YOUR HOME, AND THOSE LITTLE ONES WERE WORKING SO HARD TO TRY AND PUT EVERYTHING BACK WHERE IT BELONGS!!!
I THINK THEY DESERVE A REWARD FOR ALL THAT HARD WORK.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012484.jpg
AND A NICE SNOOOZE ON A SOFT BED.

Freedom
05-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh Gary, trust you to get the INSIDE scoop, via the Found Cats! :D

momcat
05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
The mental image of those little kitties causing all kinds of chaos is hysterical!

Catsnclay
05-25-2008, 06:35 PM
House plants???? What are those?? :rolleyes:

I know it must have been a huge surprise to you when you found this, but I bet they sure had a good time playing!!!

Are these your first kittens in a while?? Never a dull moment with a kitten(s) around!!

Yoshi was 7 when we got Taz, boy did I forget about kittens.......but I sure did remember quickly what they can get into! :rolleyes:

So far Taz has been pretty good, only 'killed': 1 vase (happened the very first week because I didn't think she could get where it was :rolleyes: ) and just recently (almost a year later) decided to jump up on the hutch over the computer desk, met a statue - head on, Taz won, statue broken on the floor. All took place @ 3:30 - AM - :eek:

Ah, yes............cute little kitties!! :love::D:love:

RICHARD
05-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Hmmmm,

Another reason to "go green"?

When the Edster was younger he was a one man wrecking crew....:rolleyes:

Freedom
05-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Are these your first kittens in a while

I NEVER had this problem in the past; I also never had so many young ones at a time! Only ONE kitten at a time in the past.

I think so many people are missing one huge point here: do NOT vacuum up dirt / soil. The vac just shoots it out the exhaust into the air!

lvpets2002
05-26-2008, 09:02 AM
:love: Too Funny & Cute == We Demand Pics Please == Been There With My Babies == I tended To Do Away With The Plants..:D

Randi
05-26-2008, 09:41 AM
What a mess it must have been, but I'm sure the kitties had lots of fun! I can just picture it! :D

I'm lucky Fister isn't interested in my plants. He will sniff it, if I come home with a new one though.

Pam
05-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Their latest adventure has been to dump ALL the house plant pots, empty the pots of ALL dirt, and drag the plants through out the house, decorating as they go. :rolleyes:

haha! I once walked into the kitchen to find that my plant that had formerly been on the windowsill over the sink was now in the sink and covering the sink with a layer of dirt. :rolleyes: This was years ago and I had posted a picture of the mess and said that I wondered which kitty had been responsible (although I was quite sure it was Andy). Someone, and I forget who, said that it looked like a case of a suicidal house plant. :D:D I think that is what happened in your house. Surely you don't have a bunch of mischievous kitties! The plants must have just wanted to end it all. :p

cassiesmom
05-26-2008, 09:04 PM
I didn't know that about dirt and the vacuum cleaner. Dear young'uns, please try to let the plants stay in the pots, okay? :)

jennielynn1970
05-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I think so many people are missing one huge point here: do NOT vacuum up dirt / soil. The vac just shoots it out the exhaust into the air!

That's why I bought a SHOP VAC!!! Too many issues with cats, plants, bags of whatever is messy that they can get in to and is a pain to clean up.

Gotta say I also love my Hoover Floormate. It works on wet spills fantastically! Used it yesterday to wash the kitchen floor, and today to suck up the water that leaked all over the kitchen floor from the dishwasher.

GILL
05-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Welcome too my world. With the Crew ranging from 4 weeks to 11 years someone is always chasing someone. This can be for fun or revenge. So spreading from room to room must inspect that stack of newspapers or mags you were going to tie. Any plant pot that is over 12 inches in diameter is a great place too keep cool while on the ready for a play attack. It seems to be more fun if the dirt can be thrown more then 20 feet on launch. Water bowls (large dog dish) must be moved to the center of the path so that the humans can trip over them or you can do an attack launch with your feet against the bowl. This will send a bout a 1/2 gallon of water all over. This also means that the water is always fresh and the floor is always clean.

Freedom
05-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh Gil, I can RELATE!!! OMG, so funny!!

And we LOVE them, te hee.

TopCat3
05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
House plants???? What are those?? :rolleyes:

I

So far Taz has been pretty good, only 'killed': 1 vase (happened the very first week because I didn't think she could get where it was :rolleyes: ) and just recently (almost a year later) decided to jump up on the hutch over the computer desk, met a statue - head on, Taz won, statue broken on the floor. All took place @ 3:30 - AM - :eek:

Ah, yes............cute little kitties!! :love::D:love:

That's why all my vases and precious bits and pieces are blu tacd down to the surface on which they stand ;)
It's also a good excuse not to have to move everything off for dusting ;);):rolleyes: