PDA

View Full Version : Update on Baby Skylar

Rie Rie
05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
She is home now and seems to be doing well. The doctors seem to think it was viral meningitis. She still runs a low grade fever every now and then, but that can be treated at home The doctor told my daughter it's ok for her to run fever up till Mon., but that if she's still feverish on Tues. to bring her back to the doctor. I am the worry wart and I am concerned about any lasting affects from this, like her hearing and vision, but I guess they'll test her for that.
Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support, it's hard when my mom is gone on the boat and something happens, I don't have her to lean on, but I do have some really great people here and some really great friends that live next door and across the street.
Once again, thanks to you all and God Bless you.

Bengalz
05-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Rie Rie,

It's so great to hear Skylar is home and hopefully the situation is under control and manageable. Paws and claws all crossed for that fever to go away:)

Catty1
05-24-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm glad to hear that the worst seems to be over - I wish her the best recovery possible, at home with Mom! :) And Grandma sure has a hand in that!

I trust Dakota is feeling better too?

HUGS and prayers for complete healing.

Lilith Cherry
05-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm so happy to hear that Skylar is doing well and home with her family. Prayers continuing for her complete recovery.

Karen
05-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Good to hear that she is home and doing better. Our prayers will continue for complete healing.

Medusa
05-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Skylar will continue to improve now that she's home w/her loving family. I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better. How is Dakota?

Rie Rie
05-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Dakota is great aside from the fact that he did not want to go home. The doctor gave him a shot of phenergan and he slept pretty much all day. Poor thing, he must have told his pawpaw and I, 6 times, he really don't like shots, even though he knows it made him feel better. When I took him home yesterday, I picked Skylar up out of her bed and man did she look better, her eyes had that little sparkle back.
Thanks again for your continued prayers and I'll keep you all updated on anything wemay find out anout her continued outcome.

Freedom
05-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Oh thank you for the update! Sounds like great progress. Will continue to pray for healing for Skylar. Sounds like Dakota is going to up and running fairly quickly, te hee!

Daisy and Delilah
05-25-2008, 12:07 PM
That's wonderful news!! I'll keep sending out thoughts and prayers for Skylar, Dakota, and all of you. {{{{{HUGS TO ALL}}}}}

Chica
05-25-2008, 10:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/fuzzyhugs.gif:love::love::love:
That is good news!!!My prayers are still coming for Skylar!!

pitc9
05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
VERY glad to hear that she's home!

cassiesmom
05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
HUG and prayers

ramanth
05-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Continued prayers for Skylar and Dakota. *hugs* :love: