PDA

View Full Version : Rex is lost!! (Update: HE'S HOME!)

Alysser
05-23-2008, 07:14 AM
My best friend's dog, Rex is missing! He disappeared last night and they went looking all around the neighborhood for him to no avail. Their little dog, Buddy came back but Rex didn't. They also went looking for him at around 5 AM this morning but found nothing. Me and her are going out to look for him soon. I made signs, and luckily my friend is also my neighbor so we will go at 11 AM. As I said, I've made signs, etc. We will call the SPCA tonight if we have no luck. We have told all our friends to keep and eye out. He's only been gone for one night. I guess all I'm asking for our prayers. I really love this dog! He's like my own. Please pray we find him. I'll keep you updated :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-23-2008, 07:18 AM
Good luck looking for the little guy - you are doing the right thing with the signs etc.

Call local vets in case he has been injured and taken in by someone.

Time to go home Rex

pitc9
05-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Prayers sent that he comes home soon!!

Cinder & Smoke
05-23-2008, 09:04 AM
I made signs ...

We will call the SPCA tonight if we have no luck ...

WHY "wait till tonight"?? :confused:

Start making phone calls and personal visits RIGHT NOW!
Call or visit:

* Local Animal Control or Dog Warden - take them a picture poster
* Local Police - take them a picture poster
* Local Fire Station - another picture
* Talk to the area Mail Letter Carrier
* Post a flier at the School - kids always notice dogs!
* Delivery people - the UPS driver is a good resource (some carry Bisquits!)
* Neighbors who walk, run, or bike a lot.
* Call ALL the local Vet offices
* Talk to and give a flyer to everyone you can contact

Good Luck!

MoonandBean
05-23-2008, 09:09 AM
prayers said...

Freedom
05-23-2008, 09:28 AM
What Phred said.

Except, I would take a poster to all the vets in the area, not just phone them. Around here, all the vets keep a file of missing pets, in case someone brings it in trying to pass it off as their own.

Prayers he is found quickly!

Ginger's Mom
05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Prayers going out that Rex will be home and safe soon.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Prayers are on the way for Rex!:(

BC_MoM
05-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Any word?

lute
05-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Any luck on Rex's whereabouts? Crossing my fingers that he is found soon!

Alysser
05-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Sorry, I haven't been able to update until now! After six hours of searching we finally found him yesterday at around 2:15 PM. We got a couple of leads that he was headed toward Route 9 about a half hour before we were in the area. We ran calling his name down a very busy road toward route 9. This road is lined with houses and woods and we heard him barking in the woods although we were unable to locate him. We continued to search for about another hour and posted flyers, rang doorbells, asking around stores, etc. We were on our way back to her house to get more flyers when my friend's sister came home from work for lunch. We drove around calling his name and putting flyers in mailboxes. Finally we saw a golden butt running down the very busy road I mentioned before. We called his name but Rex just kept running and he ran up someone's driveway off into the woods. We jumped out of the car and chased after him through the woods until we couldn't see him anymore. Then Kathleen got a call from her sister that she caught him so we went back to the car.

Sure enough, there he was! Panting like crazy and starving. We took him home and gave him a nice long bath, checked him for ticks, etc. He was fine. But he was a little weak, so he's going to the Vet's soon. He then slept for hours. So he's home, and safe, with a new lock to keep him INSIDE the fence.

joycenalex
05-24-2008, 07:46 AM
so glad you found him! :love: can you update the thread title please, and oh yeah, woohoo!

Daisy and Delilah
05-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Great news, Alyssa!!! My daughter's Golden boy took off yesterday. It was a scary time until they found him chatting with a neighbor dog.

chocolatepuppy
05-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Sorry I missed this, thank goodness Max is home.:)

MoonandBean
05-24-2008, 08:43 PM
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginger's Mom
05-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Yay, glad to hear that Rex is home.

BC_MoM
05-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Glad he's home. He's probably feeling weak/extremely exhausted. Getting lost is a stressful, traumatic experience for most dogs. He just needs lots of reassuring pats and lots of rest for a few days. :)