PDA

View Full Version : Exciting news for Zachariah and Calloway!!!

jennielynn1970
05-22-2008, 02:22 PM
They're getting adopted TOGETHER!!! :D

I'm so excited!!! A woman applied for Calloway, and then I told her about Zachariah as well (I thought maybe she only wanted one kitty, and Zach would be great as an only cat), but she decided she wants both of them! I'm so psyched! They get along together great, unlike Zach and the girl kitties, lol, and I think they'll acclimate better to a new home since they'll be together.

We're working on setting up a day and time at the moment (since it's a holiday weekend), but everything about her has checked out well.

I'll be down to ONE foster cat! I haven't been at one in almost 4 years! :eek:

Here are pics of my two sweeties... I'm going to miss them like crazy!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0847.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/Calloway4.jpg

Karen
05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
How exciting for everyone concerned! Congratu-cat-ulations!

Taz_Zoee
05-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Aww, this is wonderful news!! :D :D
So, does this mean you can take in some more fosters?? :p Just kidding!! Kinda.;)

Emeraldgreen
05-22-2008, 02:36 PM
That is very good news. How long have the two of them been with you? Do you think this woman will give you updates on them? That would be so wonderful. They are truly beautiful cats.

Freedom
05-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Sounds like a good news day all around!

jennielynn1970
05-22-2008, 02:42 PM
That is very good news. How long have the two of them been with you? Do you think this woman will give you updates on them? That would be so wonderful. They are truly beautiful cats.

Calloway has been with me about 1 1/2 years. Zach has been with me for about 1 year (was adopted out in between and then returned).

I think she'll keep me posted. She likes to gab, and is really sweet and friendly. She seems very nice, but not the "too good to be true type" though either, lol.

Catty1
05-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I HOPE that Zach gets to stay! He was returned TWICE, poor baby, and it took a toll!

We'll need uppydate pics! I am so glad he goes with his buddy Calloway...they can train their new owner together! ;)

jennielynn1970
05-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I HOPE that Zach gets to stay! He was returned TWICE, poor baby, and it took a toll!

We'll need uppydate pics! I am so glad he goes with his buddy Calloway...they can train their new owner together! ;)

Oh believe me, I quizzed her on a ton of stuff!!! I'm taking no chances with Zach or Cal. I told her about how he gets stressed and will get URIs. She doesn't have any other cats, which is good, so it will just be the two of them. She only has a bird. She did have a dog, but that was a while ago. We've emailed about 3xs a day since the weekend, so, I'm making sure everything is covered!;)

jenluckenbach
05-22-2008, 02:56 PM
WOOO HOOO

I am so happy for them! :D :D :D

Your place is gonna seem EMPTY! ;)

Moesha
05-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Awesome news!! For you and for the kitties!!

catmandu
05-22-2008, 05:08 PM
THATS THE BEST POSSIBLE NEWS IN THAT THOSE HANDSOME FELLOWS WILL BE STARTING LIFE IN THIER NEW FURREVVER HOME
TOGETHER , A CAT DYNAMIC DUO!!

CONCATULATIONS INDEED , HERO JENN!!!
:cool::love::cool::love::cool::love::cool::love:

momcat
05-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Both kitties going to their new furever home together! It doesn't get much better than that. With Calloway as his companion, the transition may go better for Zach. Great news!

Medusa
05-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Aw, that's such good news. :)

Taz_Zoee
05-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Maybe you can talk her into joining this site??? :D Then we can get direct uppydates.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-23-2008, 07:16 AM
That's great news and you've got room for lots more foster kitties too

Donnaj4962
05-23-2008, 07:40 AM
What great news for everyone!

jennielynn1970
05-23-2008, 08:43 AM
That's great news and you've got room for lots more foster kitties too

Yes, I will, but I need to get my guys chilled out for a bit. I've got a few kitties peeing outside the box, and I'm getting really, really frustrated with it all. They're hitting my countertops, my stove, the corners of the hard wood floor. I can't have a table cloth on my dining room table, or a blanket on the sofa. I'm hoping that with Zachariah getting adopted out, the girls will chill and things will get back to semi-normalcy. Yes, I will still have Furbee, but she should be less intimidated as well. I'm so tired of dealing with cat pee where it doesn't belong.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Sounds like a bit of breathing space is a good idea

lovespeaks
05-24-2008, 06:02 PM
hi. if zachariah is better off as an only cat why are you letting him go with calloway?

by any means, hoping them both a happy life in long run.

jennielynn1970
05-24-2008, 06:55 PM
hi. if zachariah is better off as an only cat why are you letting him go with calloway?

by any means, hoping them both a happy life in long run.

I see you're new here, so don't know his history...

They have lived together for almost a year. They get along really well together. And if you read my other posts about him, you'd see he doesn't do well with female cats. No issue with male cats, and none with Cal. It's a good placement for both of them, and I know them well. Thank you for inquiring.

phesina
05-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Congratulations, Zachariah and Calloway! Well done, Jenn!

krazyaboutkatz
05-24-2008, 11:27 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I hope that everything will work out for them.:)

lovespeaks
05-25-2008, 12:47 AM
I came here for boa/rat help, thank you for typing that out.

kb2yjx
05-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Great and very happy news!!! I think you and your girls will enjoy a bit of breathing room!! Good job!!!