PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

Rie Rie
05-22-2008, 07:30 AM
I know I haven't been here for a while, but I need some prayers right now. I have a new grandbaby, she's just 8 weeks old and she is in the hospital with meningitis. I babysit both my grandkids and yesterday I notcied she just wasn't herself and was really hot, so I took her temperture. Not knowing what the normal was for an infant, I called my daughter and told her the baby was sick, then I called the doctor. We took her and he did urine, blood and finally after messing with the baby, told us he thought she needed to have a spinal tap. OMG, she's only 8 weeks old, but it was the only way to find out. After spending three hours at the doctors office, we were sent immediately to the hospital. They are giving her two different kinds of antibiotics every six hours. The doctor said he thinks it's viral,but they won't know for sure utnil the cultures come backa and that takes a couple of days, so she will be in there at least three.
Her name is Skylar Rayne and she is Laura'sBabies great grand baby. I know we've asked for a lot of prayers over the past few years, but can we please get some for this little baby girl. Thanks Everyone.
God Bless You All!!!

moosmom
05-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Oh Rie Rie, I didn't know. You and your family, along with Laura's Babies, will be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Donna and crew

Logan
05-22-2008, 08:02 AM
We will absolutely keep the little one in our prayers, Rie Rie.

Lilith Cherry
05-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Keeping you all in my prayers. Please keep us posted when you are able.

Bengalz
05-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Poor little one - healing thoughts and prayers are yours. Please let us know how she's doing.

Taz_Zoee
05-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Skylar Rayne and the entire family will be in my thoughts.

Karen
05-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Prayers on the way for Skylar Rayne.

AdoreMyDogs
05-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Little Skylar Rayne will be in our prayers, the poor little thing, as will her mommy who also must be worried sick. When my older brother was 6 months old he had viral meningitis and no one has any idea how he came down with it. He pulled threw with flying colors. I know Skylar is much younger, but she can pull through..I just know it!

Hugs to you and your family and kisses to the precious Skylar.

Medusa
05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh goodness, Skylar Rayne will be prayed for w/out ceasing and prayers to you and your family as well. Please keep us posted. (I know you will.) We're looking forward to a good report. :)

Rie Rie
05-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Had to take Dakota, he's the four year old brother, into the doctor this morning, was complaining and threw up. I just about lost it, can't take anymore and mom just left yesterday so I don't have my mommy her to help me. Anyway, the doctor checked him out real good and said he thinks he has the virus that caused Skylar to get meningitis and gave him a shot, so he should be better tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for their prayers and I will certainly let you all know how things go as we find out.

Medusa
05-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Oh heavens, when it rains, it pours, huh? We'll just pump up the volume on the prayers then. Keep the faith. :)

Catty1
05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Many hugs and even more prayers for you, Dakota and Skylar Rayne.

Sounds like Skylar is getting the best care...looking forward to good news.

I hope you have a friend or two to talk to - you have many here, but not close enough to come over for a visit and bring a casserole! :love:

HUGS

Daisy and Delilah
05-22-2008, 11:21 AM
By all means, I'm sending thoughts and prayers that way. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through so much. Those poor little babies.{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Ginger's Mom
05-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I am so sorry to hear that your family has been going through so much. I am sure the children are getting the best possible care. Prayers being said for the little ones and your family.

Freedom
05-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Prayers for both young ones.

pitc9
05-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Prayers sent for you all!
Especially for Skylar Rayne.

phesina
05-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Prayers for you all. What a nightmare! Be well, little Skylar Rayne, and all the rest of your family.

ramanth
05-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Hugs and Prayers for Skylar. :love:

DJFyrewolf36
05-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Prayers on the way! *hugs*