PDA

View Full Version : **Thursday 266 ** Going on Gas Strike **

lvpets2002
05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
:p Ok lets go on Strike & buy no more Gas.. Let's Get Out The Bicycles with our Helmets, Gloves & Goggles && Start Riding in the Wind.. Let's Bring along some Picinic Stuff = sandwiches, chips & soft drinks.. We will park under a bigg Oak Tree & lay out in the shade & have a feast && visit.. Come on & let's get this Thursday Started for the Long Holiday WeekEnd..

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2008, 04:53 PM
:D I haven't bought gas in 2 years. My car died and I couldn't afford to fix it or get a different one. Now I couldn't afford gas for it, if I had one!!!

Not sure I can peddle with the wind but I'll give it a go!!! I'll bring some lemonade!!! :D

RedHedd
05-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Gas strike? Does that mean we can't eat beans at Thursdays this week? :p Heck at the price of gas here ($4.03 for self-serve unleaded and headed higher - that was the price this morning; I swear it's going up almost every hour) I can't even afford beans!

I'll have a nice cool Diet Peach Snapple iced tea and a side of Beano! :D

RICHARD
05-22-2008, 02:44 AM
I can't even afford beans!

See, isn't it nice to have a Mexican on site!;)

Beans, Snapple Peach diet and Beano!

DONE!

MOFF,
You ain't missing much.

;)

LP,

Sounds like a biker getaway!

Vroom, vroom! DONE!

lvpets2002
05-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Gas strike? Does that mean we can't eat beans at Thursdays this week? :p Heck at the price of gas here ($4.03 for self-serve unleaded and headed higher - that was the price this morning; I swear it's going up almost every hour) I can't even afford beans!

:pOh Heck whats you mean No Beans.. We gotta have them Beans for that extra gas if needed.. Hey I found Garfield here & he is ready for the feast & relaxing over the weekend..:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/46190.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2008, 01:25 PM
:pOh Heck whats you mean No Beans.. We gotta have them Beans for that extra gas if needed.. Hey I found Garfield here & he is ready for the feast & relaxing over the weekend..:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/46190.jpg

Too bad they can't make a car that runs on THAT kind of gas. Washington DC alone could keep the entire country running for years!!! :D

Karen
05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Too bad they can't make a car that runs on THAT kind of gas. Washington DC alone could keep the entire country running for years!!! :D

Windmills - dagnabbit - couldn't windmills powered by all the hot air that comes out of Washington DC power the whole east coast?

Just spent 2 hours making a 45-minute drive back from dad's house - a camper had rolled over on the Mass turnpike. Keep everyone traveling this upcoming weekend in your prayers, okay? There were no ambulances present by the time we passed it, so we hope no one was hurt.

Headed *to* Dad's house, the gas price on the sign was $3.79 a gallon for regular. A couple hours later, headed toward home, it was $3.87 at the same station! I filled the tank at the station up the street that hadn't yet changed their price.

Hmmmm, large tea - ginger peach, please! It keeps changing between cool drizzle and bright sunshine, so make it hot tea, and give me a cup of ice in case!

lvpets2002
05-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Windmills - dagnabbit - couldn't windmills powered by all the hot air that comes out of Washington DC power the whole east coast?

Just spent 2 hours making a 45-minute drive back from dad's house - a camper had rolled over on the Mass turnpike. Keep everyone traveling this upcoming weekend in your prayers, okay? There were no ambulances present by the time we passed it, so we hope no one was hurt.

Headed *to* Dad's house, the gas price on the sign was $3.79 a gallon for regular. A couple hours later, headed toward home, it was $3.87 at the same station! I filled the tank at the station up the street that hadn't yet changed their price.

Hmmmm, large tea - ginger peach, please! It keeps changing between cool drizzle and bright sunshine, so make it hot tea, and give me a cup of ice in case!

:p Well you Darn Tooten we could have Plenty of Hot Air comen out of DC for the WindMill for power.. Ok Richard where are you?? We need you to Bartend now.. Got request for drinks now.. Boy Howdy it is so windy here in TX today.. The wind can just blow our bikes right on down the road.. :cool:

RICHARD
05-23-2008, 09:23 PM

God, I bet that made you do a double take! 8 cents in the matter of hours.

It's the same weather out here. At the beginning of the week it was close to 100, now it's 62 and alt rain, sun and cold.

One ginger peach, hot with ice on the side! DONE!

LP,

DONE!;)

Karen
05-24-2008, 11:44 PM
A hot cup of chai would hit the spot tonight, sad night for us. I'll make a big pot to share with everyone. Lady, can I have a puppy snuggle?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=142683

zippy-kat
05-25-2008, 01:13 AM
See, isn't it nice to have a Mexican on site!;)

Yeah, 'cept he never serves anything with sour cream! True story.

lvpets2002
05-25-2008, 09:50 AM
:love: Yes Karen we will get you hot cup of chai.. I just read about Miss Hoppy & was so saddened..:( God Bless to All
A hot cup of chai would hit the spot tonight, sad night for us. I'll make a big pot to share with everyone. Lady, can I have a puppy snuggle?

momoffuzzyfaces
05-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I vote that we put a picture of our Miss Hoppy beside Mario's on his memorial wall. I think they would both like that!

Here's to you Miss Hoppy! You will be missed so much. Will you see if you can keep Mario in line at the Bridge? :love::love: to you both!

RICHARD
05-27-2008, 06:43 PM

Sit down Karen....Let me get this....

Lady, You heard the lady! One puppy snuggle...

DONE!

Hi Zippy,

How are you?

Funny story about 'sour cream'. I worked with a gal who told me that she didn't like sour cream on her tacos.....only MAYO! She was from Detroit and told me that she thought the 'white stuff' on tacos was mayo.....

I wonder what the green stuff (guacamole) was supposed to be!;)

LP,
Thanks for the kind words!

MOFF,

I think that would be a nice touch.....We can plant a garden with all of MH's fav things!

A memorial garden!

DONE!

Lady's Human
05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
One "Lady's GOING to make you feel better" snuggle for the mayor from the black not-so-fuzzy one.

Lady's snuggles can be very persuasive. In fitting with the subtle family she owns, they're subtle like a sledgehammer. If she thinks you're not feeling good, you have a puppy shawl.

(Gracie, play NICE with Miss Hoppy at the bridge, knucklehead. She's NOT a chew toy)

Karen
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
One "Lady's GOING to make you feel better" snuggle for the mayor from the black not-so-fuzzy one.

Lady's snuggles can be very persuasive. In fitting with the subtle family she owns, they're subtle like a sledgehammer. If she thinks you're not feeling good, you have a puppy shawl.

(Gracie, play NICE with Miss Hoppy at the bridge, knucklehead. She's NOT a chew toy)

It's okay, I'm sure Miss Hoppy set Gracie straight right away, and maybe even they are having fun running together. Gracie always did enjoy running with the wild bunnies, not understanding that they thought SHE thought they were prey.

Thanks for the snuggle, Lady-girl. No subtlety is needed with me, and Lady, I know you know that! And your velvet fur is so soft. Ooof, girl, okay - it's a little too warm to have that much of you on my lap all at once for long.

I brought a bouquet of bridal wreath flowers for the bar - it is in completely full bloom right now, looks like I have a GIANT pom-pom in the yard. Yeah, so I didn't prune it this March ... but you can all enjoy the flowers, and I'll prune it back to more reasonable size after the flowers fade. And as there is a Pet Talk wedding happening in Moldova soon, it seems appropriate for that reason, as well as Miss Hoppy thought they were tasty flowers.

RICHARD
05-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the flowers-it's been a tough week.

This morning there was a memorial service for a family friend. Very sad days indeed....:(

Medusa
05-28-2008, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the flowers-it's been a tough week.

This morning there was a memorial service for a family friend. Very sad days indeed....:(

I'm sorry to hear this, Richard. A special prayer for you and your loved one.....

cassiesmom
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I vote that we put a picture of our Miss Hoppy beside Mario's on his memorial wall. I think they would both like that!

Here's to you Miss Hoppy! You will be missed so much. Will you see if you can keep Mario in line at the Bridge? :love::love: to you both!

I think that is a wonderful idea. (raising a toast, with just-steeped green tea, to the beloved Miss Hoppy and Mario)

sparks19
05-28-2008, 11:02 PM
LOL sorry... can't go on a gas strike. We are driving to Canada this weekend. that would be one heck of a bike ride lol.

I am currently having a whiskey and diet pepsi... anyone care to join me

Where is this memorial wall?

RICHARD
05-29-2008, 07:46 AM
LOL sorry... can't go on a gas strike. We are driving to Canada this weekend. that would be one heck of a bike ride lol.

I am currently having a whiskey and diet pepsi... anyone care to join me

Where is this memorial wall?

I'll pour for you!

DONE!

WHen Mario passed we put together a playground and a memorial for him behind the bar.....I'll find the thread and post it in the next THursday's thread.

Thanks!

BM, A green tea for you!

DONE!