PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Fiona Turns 1 TODAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Anikaca77
05-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Fiona!

Love you!
We almost had a bad B-day for FeFe, on Monday I called the vets because I was giving her meds for her mouth and I thought I accidently overdosed her because I thought I was supposed to give her a weeks worth of meds and then for some reason after I gave her, her 4th dose on Sunday I saw that it said give Fiona 0.3 cc today, then every 48-72 hrs. 0.1 cc.

So I called the vets, and I told them that I think I gave Fiona too much meds and so the vet got on the phone right away and I told her what happened and said asked if I gave Fiona 3 cc and I said yes not thinking 0.3 cc so she said I needed to get her to the vets right away because she might need her kidney's flushed and I told her she's seemed fine all weekend.

I left worked right away at 3:30 pm and then rushed home and got her and took her to the vets. I was crying like a big baby thinking that I hurt Fiona and I didn't mean to and it was all my fault.

So the vet tech came in to get some blood to run a kidney test. Well I asked what happens if her levels are not good, they said they will have to flush her kidneys with liquids, and I asked if that helps and they said usually it does, and I had to ask if she could die from it and they said it was hard to tell, till they did the blood test.

After I heard that I tried not to cry and be strong for Fiona but it was so hard. After a few minutes of waiting the vet came in with 2 syringes, 1 a full 3 cc and the other a tiny syringe (the one the vets office gave me) and she asked did I give her a full 3 cc and I told her no I gave her the tiny one and only 0.3 cc.

She said oh thank goodness then we are okay. She said that I was supposed to give Fiona 0.3cc for 3 days and then go to every other day 0.1 cc.

So she said the extra won't hurt Fiona but she said she likes to panic and make sure things are okay which I felt good about. I'd rather have a vet wanting to do the extra steps to make sure my baby is okay. So just as the vet and I finished talking the vet tech came in and said all of Fiona's kidney levels are working just fine. Thank God. We were able to leave the vets and learned a huge huge lesson to always check the labels or double check with the vet regardless of what I think.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Sweet FeFe, I love you so much.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Well, you can't say it wasn't an eventful day!

Happy 1st birthday pretty kitty

catmandu
05-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Thank God That Everything Turned Out Well And Little Fiona Is Fine.
I Love That Photo Of Fiona With Her White Comapnion Showing His Love For Fiona.
Shes Certainly One Plush Furry Tortie And A Pleasure We Bet To Be Friends With!!
The Found Cats All Say Happy Purrrthday Fiona, Whos Many Yeras Of Love And Companionship With Her Family To Come.

lvpets2002
05-21-2008, 09:44 AM
:love: Happy Furr Purr Birthday.. Go for those kitty treats today..

cassiesmom
05-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Happy Purrthday, Fiona!

nancys
05-21-2008, 03:08 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIONA!!!:love: I hope you're doing OK.

Anikaca77
05-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Fiona's just fine now and having a wonderful day.

I can't wait ot get home to give her a bunch of kisses and love on her.

We will have to run out tonight and get her a special new toy, although I ran out after I took her back home on Monday and got her a special toy so tonight she'll get another one because she's so special and I love her so much and never meant to give her an extra dose.

Taz_Zoee
05-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I am so glad you were able to enjoy Fiona's birthday and that nothing went wrong with the medicine dosage.

Happy Birthday Fiona!! :D :D

MoonandBean
05-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Happy Birthday pretty kitty!!!! I'm so glad you weren't overdosed :). It sounds like your vet does a good job of sorting out the real story (I like that she had you SHOW her which syringe you used and how much). It's too easy to form an opinion on something and then stick with it like it's fact. Isn't it funny how we can love our animals 100% and then love them even more (as if that were possible) when we think they may be sick or hurt. Happy Birthday FeFe!!

Freedom
05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Fiona is lovely! I think you do not show her off enough, hint!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/birthday/hbd5.gif

So glad it all worked out well on Monday. Bet you started crying tears of relief after all the emotional turmoil; I would have!

krazyaboutkatz
05-22-2008, 01:13 AM
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY FIONA!!! I hope that she'll continue to be a happy and healthy cat for many more years to come.:) My Pearl's 3rd b-day is tomorrow.;)

Anikaca77
05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Thank you all so much for the Birthday Wishes, Fiona had a Wonderful Birthday, she is still chewing on my wood furniture, I figured I'd going to give these meds 2 more weeks and if she's still doing it we'll go back to the vets and see what happens.

Bengalz
05-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Fiona! You sure know how to make your day memorable sweetie;)

Hope you're feeling better and got lots of treats on your special day:)

kb2yjx
05-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Belated birthday wishes from the Clan!!!

momcat
05-22-2008, 05:53 PM
What a special day for such a special little girl! Happy First Purrthday sweet Fiona and I wish you many more happy and healthy years with your loving furever family :love: